two

-------------------------------------------------------------

as the people started going back home, disappearing from the somewhat busy streets. you were thinking about the encounter you had just had. not that it was too unusual, but it was something to think about.

walking home calmly with your dog still on the leash. you notice a figure walking on the same street are you. 

the street was always empty at this time.

keeping your head down, not drawing attention to yourself, you kept on walking. 

these days there have been many reports of missing people, sometimes even killed. those cases were occurring too often, and too quietly. 

you had childe to always check up on you, the same as you do to him. 

another loud awakening, an alarm clock. reaching over and snoozing it. you rolled back into bed.

you had forgotten about your meet up. 

"oh shit-"

rushing into the bathroom, cleaning up. almost falling onto the floor while fixing your socks. the slam of the door, and finally starting up your car and driving off.

the elevator dings, indicating you can step in. 

the location where you were gonna meet up with the leader of this project seemed quite, a bit too fancy. see through elevator, elegant stairs, and not to mention - fancy people everywhere. 

the ding returns, you step out of the elevator. shoes clanking on the marble floors. then, you reached the door, taking a deep breath.

reaching out for the handle, your eyes widen. 

"oh- i'm sorry, i thought this was the right room.." you explained towards an extravagant woman.

"what? didn't expect the leader to be a woman, hm?" chuckles came out of the stranger's mouth.

"it's not that! i'm-" 

"no worries, i was just kidding. come on in, i've been waiting excitedly."

taking a seat in front of the leader, remembering you don't know her name.