twelve

-------------------------------------------------------------

another visit to the hospital. 

after your father was arrested, your mother was found quite some time after. but she was in a bad condition. she developed many infections, and wounds. you never thought she'd get worse, but she did. 

you were visiting her every day, your grandparents were trying to get you to calm down. you may have been a kid, but you understood what was happening. your mother being spotted with a bunch of men, your dad being abusive, and people calling her a 'slut' or a 'cheater'. you knew that wasn't true, she always tried to make you happy.

she only wanted the best for you, that's why she wanted you to go to school. she knew something like this may happen, so she wanted someone to be there for you. unexpectedly childe was there, he didn't know the whole story, but he knew you needed his comfort. 

it has been a year since you've been friends, spending almost all of your time with him. your mother was happy about that, she gave you the bit of energy she had every day to caress you. it broke your heart

you were out with childe and his friends by the lake. with a popsicle in your hand, you follow childe. starting to skip pebbles in the water you sat down. 

"hey y/n!" one of childe's friends came over to you. she skipped happily towards you, her pigtails swinging with her hops. "can you hold onto my bad? im gonna go swimming." you nodded, she smiled at you as she walked away. 

soon after, everyone's bags were around you. laughter and screams could be heard. childe came over to you later on. 

"you not coming?" childe asked, sitting down beside you.

"no, i don't have to proper clothes." childe hummed as a response, drying himself off. "are you not heading back in?"

"nu-uh, my fingers are all wrinkly. look!" childe shoved his fingers in your face, you chuckled. 

finishing up your drink, you and childe headed back to your grand parent's house. the wind picking up. you and childe go into to the backyard, playing with the dogs. your grandparents have a farm, but ever since your mother has gotten sick, they most here. only taking the dogs with them. 

it started getting a bit dark, your grandmother came outside. "hey sweeties, it's getting a bit dark. come inside for dinner." you both heading inside to the sweet scent of the food. "here ya' go." you both thanked for the meal and began eating. "childe dear," childe looked up. "do you want to stay for the night, since it's dark out." he nodded.

your grandmother began calling childe's parents. you guys finished eating, and you headed up to your room. 

"what do you want to do?" childe asked, you shrugged. "maybe, we could play a bit of pokemon, you've got a game cube right? we could play that?" you nodded, getting up to put on the game. 

you guys played for about an hour before you got tired and wanted to sleep. you laid down as childe kept playing. your grandmother came in, not knowing you were still awake. 

"childe sweetie, come here. i need to talk to you." you heard footsteps leave the room. quickly and quietly, you walk towards the door. you only heard mumbles, but there was something you heard clearly.

"will you promise me, you'll stay with y/n. she may not make it. im scared for y/n."

the mumbles stopped, you headed back to bed. not being able to get back to sleep.

it was already morning, you only slept for only a few hours. you woke up before everyone else, heading to the kitchen and grabbing water. your grandfather had just gotten back home. he greeted you and went to bed. 

your grandmother left the living room, giving you a quick morning hug when she saw that you were there. childe woke up a bit later, as your grandmother was cooking breakfast. you two played with the dogs a bit outside again until childe got picked up. 

"are you sure you don't want to stay for breakfast?" your grandmother asked childe's mother.

"no, thank you. bye." childe's mother walked off the porch, getting into the car with childe and driving off. your grandmother went back to cooking, telling you to sit down and get ready to eat. she got a phone call. 

"hello?" your grandmother said. "oh.." she brushed her hand through her hair, clearly in distress. "okay, we'll be right there." she hung up and turned off the oven.

"come on sweetie, we need to go. you can eat when we get back home." your hand was taken by your grandfather. "have this granola bar."

you wondered why they were in such a hurry, but you noticed that they took the same turns as they would get to the hospital. you began to panic. 

"is mother okay?" you asked them, but you got no answer. your anxiety rising even more. then came the final turn, your grandparents brought you into the hospital. the door number read '203', panic rose up even more. 

your grandmother nudged you forward to your sick mother. you spoke out "mother?". your mother's head slightly turned, her cracked lips giving you a soft smile. "are you okay mother?"

the doctor stepped in explaining your mother's condition. 

"she won't make it?" you asked the doctor.

"no she won't, she is in grave condition. she only has about an hour more." the doctor kept her head down. "i'm so sorry.." 

"it's alright doctor, you made her last this long. we should thank you." your grandfather thanked him.

"why can't she stay longer?!" you cried out. 

"sweetie, your mother is in pain. it's best to let her rest, we don't want her to go through immense pain just because of us." your grandmother caressed your back. you reached out your hand towards your mother's hand. her fragile hands stayed limp, but her fingers twitched, showing that she is trying to move. 

"mother, i'm sorry." you heard your mother groan, she was trying to speak.

"no need honey, i'm sorry. i love you okay?" before you could say anything, her hand fell out of yours, the noise of the flatline rang your ears. it was making fun of you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

cry ;(

BUT ON THE HAPPY NOTE- 3 CHAPTERS IN A DAY WOOPPP

gonna valorant grind now, ill try my best to keep this grind for the story :DD