ten

-------------------------------------------------------------

eyes slowly drifting off while driving, trying to keep yourself awake. your car taking a turn at a nearby gas station.

closing the door behind you, you look around at the store. a sleepy teen trying to keep themselves awake as well. you walked around to the refreshments, taking a coffee and a snack. childe has already gone home, not seeming as tired as you.

heading up to the cashier, you tap their shoulder. 

"excuse me, i'd like to buy this." groans coming from the teen boy he nods. scans your items, you pay in return. "thank you, have a great night." you walk out of the gas station. seeing the bright red car at the track, you stare for a bit.

someone came up behind you. 

"can i help you?" the same redhead spoke to you. "hello? ya' there?" 

"oh, sorry! i just- um..." not knowing what to say, you panicked.

"aren't you the person who beat kaeya first today?" your eyes widen, but you still nod. "some great race that was, i quite enjoyed it."

"thank you, your race was amazing too!" diluc nods, giving you a small smile. 

"thanks. anyways, i have to go." he starts walking towards his car. "but, i do hope i see you again. i'd be happy to race ya' someday." diluc gave a quick wave before getting in his car and driving off. 

you walk towards yours, taking a sip of your coffee. feeling awake enough to drive for another hour. you saw a few cars you saw today. smiling to yourself you continue driving, looking forward to having a great day tomorrow.

the sun shining through your tall windows, the soft sounds of your kettle as you make your morning tea. taking a deep breath, you smiled. you weren't sure why you felt at ease, but you didn't want to ruin it. 

deciding to text beidou, you open your phone.

y/n

- hey! 

- are you free today? i'd love to get lunch with you, i've also got some questions about work. ;)

- :) *

beidou

- hello