fifteen

-------------------------------------------------------------

most of the workers were at the door, reporters outside of the door. security asking them to back up so we can head outside. after a minute of asking, they did.

beidou walked outside first, as you and the other workers followed behind. you noticed that many of the reporters were dressed in fancy attire, wondering if they were going to come in. beidou spoke up.

"hello, as many of you may know i am beidou. the owner of this luxurious apartment building." mumbles were spread around. "yes, i have changed my decision. this will not be a hotel, it will be for housing."

a reported spoke louder than others. "how come?!".

"i decided it would be better for the company and our name. but no worries, we will be making a hotel for all people to enjoy."

"for free?!" a reporter asked.

beidou chuckled "of course not, it'd be complete chaos if it were." beidou took a step back. "that'll be all the questions i'll be taking at this point, if you have any more you can ask my lovely workers."

beidou gave security the sign to let the reporters that were invited in. "now, those who are able, can step in." the reports calmly went inside, some still outside as more people kept on coming in. they seemed like candidates to live here since they seemed very interested and they were only talking amongst themselves. 

you were on your own, light a dear in front of headlights. you didn't know what to do. a reporter came over to you.

"do you happen to work here?" they asked.

"um, yeah. i'm the programmer." you shook the reporter's hand. "i'm y/n."

"nice to meet you, y/n. i'm mona." she smiled at you. "do you mind if i ask some questions?"

after an hour or so of answering questions, you finally snuck away. making way onto the halls where the apartments were. no reporters were allowed in this area. you could finally breathe. noticing a group of people walking around the corner, you walked away back to the main hall. you crossed paths with beidou as she was talking to some fancy-looking people. she motioned you to come over, and so you did. 

"this is y/n, they are quite a talented worker. it wouldn't be possible without them." beidou wrapped an arm around your shoulder, her looking at you. her eyes sparkling you couldn't help but feel butterflies, you wondered why you were feeling this.