nine

-------------------------------------------------------------

the cheers from the audience could be heard from the tunnel. there seemed to be quite a lot more people than there were in your past groups. at least 200 or so people watching. 

"um, childe? isn't this too risky? there are way too many people at an illegal event..." sticking beside childe he was about to talk until a stranger spoke for him.

"don't worry, it's very far from all commotion. even if law enforcements were by the highway, they couldn't hear cheers from there." you recognized the stranger.

childe spoke up, "hey! zhongli, i was looking around for you."

"you race zhongli?" curiously, you ask. 

"not so much, because i mostly race with the higher ranks." zhongli looked over at you and childe's car. "is that yours, y/n?" giving zhongli a quick nod, he asked for you to get back into the car and drive towards the waiting section. 

getting out of the car, you look around for childe and zhongli. another stranger came up to you.

"are you lost?" a woman asked, getting out of her car.

"oh, um, im just looking for my friends." her coming closer you become nervous.

"what do they look like?" after explaining to her, she helps you find them. bring you back to your friends, like a lost dog being returned to it's owners.

"thank you ma'am." she chuckles after you said that.

"no need to be so formal, just call me ningguang." smiling, she walked away towards a group of people. childe snapped you out of it, chuckling at you.

"you got a bit of drool, y/n."

you were sitting on the bleachers, while childe signs up for the auditions. this group was pretty strict on who comes into the tracks, and who signs up. they wanted to keep it secret, and they were doing very well on that task. 

childe was coming up to where you were. him taking a breath when sitting.

"why did you have to sit at the top?" he asked taking another deep sigh.

"i don't know, better view?" looking over towards ningguang once again, you see she was with someone you knew. 

it was kaeya. you wondered if this was the job he had mentioned a while back. looking down after he looked towards your direction. you didn't notice he was coming towards you until childe nudged your arm.