fourteen

-------------------------------------------------------------

almost a month has passed since you got that call, and you felt much better. you haven't had anymore more sleepless nights or panic. work was going well, you got closer with kaeya, beidou, and zhongli. you were happy, and nothing could ruin that. 

"are you sure y/n?" a female voice said over the discord call. "it seems a bit risky.."

"it's fine lisa," you responded. "i've seen pros use this tactic." 

"okay, i trust you. but if this throws us i'm gonna be quite disappointed." 

you were duo queuing with lisa in valorant (notice how obsessed i am with video games lol) this was her first time playing with lisa. your online friends introduced her to you. apparently, she was a popular young author, and you respected her dearly. 

after a few rounds, you decided to get off the game and get ready for bed. the time difference killed you, it being afternoon for them and it being almost 1 am for you. but, you didn't mind going through only a few hours of sleep for them. 

noticing that evie was still sleeping you gave her a few pats, carrying her over to your bed. she never slept in her bed that you spoiled her with, she only liked sleeping with you. as she was still a bit awake, she cuddled up closer with you. 

you were sleeping peacefully, you were interrupted by the sound of your phone ringing. you groan grabbing your phone. 

"hello?" you heard from the other side.

"what is it childe?" you asked, you were confused as to why you heard a chuckle

"i'm not childe, but i wouldn't be surprised if he called you at this time." then, you noticed beidou called you. "it's beidou."

"oh! i'm so sorry, childe does call me at this time usually." 

"no, problem." beidou gave a small chuckle. "sorry for calling you so early in the morning, but i wanted to gather everyone at the workplace for a meeting."

"alright, what time?" you asked, getting up and putting beidou on speaker. 

"i'd like to start at around 12, but i want people to be there by 11."