twenty-six

-------------------------------------------------------------

it's been almost an hour since kaeya has been dragging you through large amounts of people. the music wasn't annoying you as you thought it did, it was lively and nice.    

"you know any portuguese?" you asked kaeya, since you guys are shopping in brazil after all. 

"no, you?" kaeya's hands fumbled with the shirts in the venue. 

"i learnt a few words from yoimiya, not a lot though."

after another hour you and kaeya made an end to your trip, making the AC shop your final stop for the day. there was a sweet old lady behind the counter, flipping through a magazine.

"ola, quanto é isso?" your broken portuguese pronunciation made the lady let out a chuckle. 

she moved her hand, indicating the follow her towards the AC machine you and kaeya were gonna get. 

"isso é R$ 6,285" another worker showed you the machine. kaeya started bringing out his wallet. you were about to convince kaeya to let you pay, or at least split the bill because he paid for almost everything today already.

"i'll pay, no worries. i'll make her you pay me back somehow." kaeya gave you a smile, assuring you to not worry. 

you and kaeya signed some stuff, even if it was for yoimiya and ayaka you wanted to make sure they aren't sweating every second in their house. the workers kept on trying to chat with you more, giggling at your attempt to speak a foreign language. 

"fofo, não é?" the old lady asked, showing you the lock screen of her dog. you could only nod, assuming she was calling her dog cute, and asking if you think the same.

"alright, they should deliver the AC by later today, we should get going." kaeya put his hand on your shoulder. him and you thanked the workers and left the store. the workers getting back to their stations, they thanked you as well. 

"do you think they'll be surprised that you actually got them AC?" you asked, kaeya letting his hand fall off your shoulder. the loud crowd still being there, even if it was already almost night. "i think she just assumed it was sarcasm."

"they better be, i paid for it you know?" kaeya chuckled as he was eyeing a food stand. "more food?" the coxinha stand looked quite good, but you knew you were gonna regret being so full later on. 

being able to stop yourself from getting sick, you politely declined his offer.

"alright, just wait here. i'll be right back." kaeya placed some bags down before going to get food. the smell of the street food was quite tempting as you were not focusing on anything. your eyes were glued to your phone until someone tapped your shoulder. 

"hey, do you happen to know where the washroom is?" a woman asked before you had looked up. "oh! i didn't expect to see you so soon y/n." the woman's mask was making it quite hard to tell who was talking to you, however, the white hair was familiar.

"ningguang?! what are you doing here?!" you quickly looked around, scared that something may happen. it was bad enough that kaeya was here, but now someone else that has connections to you. it'll just put more people in danger.

"oh, relax. i didn't want to come here, to be honest with you, but i owed beidou a lot." ningguang assured you. "i'm not here for long, beidou just wanted me to bring information back about you."

"so, what do you want to know?" you asked, checking back on kaeya, seeing him almost finishing up his order. 

"just checking up, bringing back any news, like a phone call, but weirder..." you chuckled at ningguang's comment. even if she came to check up on your, you wish it was beidou, but that was too much to hope for.

"um, is she doing okay?" you asked, fiddling with your fingers like a little girl that just got a flower from her crush. 

"honestly, she isn't doing well. she constantly says that she misses you, it is sweet but annoying." ningguang chuckled. "also, evie is just like her. seems like she misses you too." you felt an elbow nudging your arm.

"so, no need to worry. you can come back when we've got the danger dealt with, and we're doing some great progress."

"what progress?" you asked curiously as to why it's happening so fast.

"we've already got leads on your father, maybe another month or so and we'll get him locked up." ningguang rubbed your back, assuring you once again. "so don't be scared, you just have to lay back. you've been through enough. let us take care of it."

by the time kaeya was back ningguang was gone, which seemed to be forever. she had told you about beidou, and how she is doing. you couldn't help but cry once she left, which made kaeya very worried when he got back. 

as you were finishing telling kaeya everything that happened, you noticed that yoimiya and ayaka were waiting outside. the time of night was the only time that it was refreshing. they were all dressed up, too dressed up.

"where are you guys going?" kaeya asked as you two approached them. 

"do you mean where are 'we' going." yoimiya spoke out. that's when you knew what she meant. the leather clothes in all black seemed way too familiar. "y/n knows already." you earned a smirk from her.

"are you serious? you've got to be kidding me." it sounded like you were mad, but you were far from angry. you've missed racing so much. "are we going now?" you asked yoimiya, finally showing your excitement. 

"relax, i'll let you and kaeya get ready. we should leave in about an hour." yoimiya pat your shoulder. her and ayaka started walking away. "we're gonna go grab something to eat, you guys want anything?" you and kaeya politely declined the offer.

as you were going to your room, kaeya stopped you. "do you want to face me again? i won't go easy on you this time." he looked at you up and down. you tried hiding your flushed face, which was caused by the closeness of your body and his. "you can see me on the frontline if you're too scared."

"i am not. i'll face you again any day." your confidence lets you be freed by the blue-haired man. 

"awe, no fair, i was hoping to keep looking at your flustered face." kaeya whined as you were walking away.

"just go get ready." you chuckled, not denying that you found his comment funny. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

OH EM GEE??

A UPDATE?!?!?!?!?!? IM NOT DEAD, JUST SUPER BUSY....

TYSM FOR ALMOST 4K VIEWS OMGGGG <3333

underground tracks - beidouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara