three

before we start! this story will be a flash back in the reader's pov. this will be childhood memory.

there will also be a TW for manipulation, yelling and emotional abuse. please skip this chapter if these topics make you uncomfy. in the next chapter i'll add a brief description with no detail. so don't worry about missing anything! :)

hope you enjoy, and thank you! ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------

"but mom-"

"nu-uh. i don't want to hear it. you've been enough on that game for a whole week. you look pale sweetie!" you kept on pouting, wanting to just beat this boss. "you need to go outside, just pause it and you can get back to it tomorrow."

grumbling, you finally complied and went over to the door. 

"don't forget your new shoes i got you." putting on the sandals, you walked out the door. waiting for your mom to come out.

"come on, hold my hand." already reaching for her hand, you followed her steps to the loud commotion of summer time.

"mom i forgot to get my hat" you quickly said, looking up at your mother.

"its okay sweetie, we'll get you a new hat okay? the old one wasn't cute." the warm smile from your mother made its way into your eyesight. 

an hour went by, you got your new hat. getting tired of walking you wait for your mom outside of the public restroom.

the sound of slicing picked up your attention.

"fresh watermelon! come get it while it lasts!"

walking up to the bright stand, almost drooling over the thought of something to refreshing after walking for an hour in the sun.

"can i have one please."

"me too!"

another voice speaks up behind you. the orange hair is way to close to you. 

"um, back up please? you're a bit too close..." backing up from him you stare. 

"oh! i'm sorry. i have to stop doing that." he quickly apologizes and pays for your fresh snack as a gift. "anyways, i'm childe.  how about you?".