eleven

-------------------------------------------------------------

parking in front of childe's house, you walk up to knock at the door. however, childe already opens the door before you get to. 

"welcome y/n," you walk in, getting the smell of burnt food. "to the chef's home."

"mhm, let's just get started." putting on an apron, getting stuff set out, you ask childe what he is planning to cook. "what do you want to cook?"

"im thinking pasta?" childe responded, bringing out the pasta. "like the one that you make, with the white sauce and mushrooms." 

nodding, you search for the ingredients. not finding the last one. "you don't have mushrooms..." you informed childe of the missing ingredient. 

"oh! ill go to the convenience store. it'll be quick." before you could say anything, childe was already out the door. you thought to yourself that perhaps this is the person he was talking to earlier. 

after a few minutes of cooking, you hear a knock at the door. heading over, you open the door to see someone that wasn't childe. 

"oh hey y/n. is childe not home?" 

"no he isn't, do you need him for something zhongli?" walking away from the door, letting zhongli in, you continue cooking. 

"we were supposed to hang out here at this time." zhongli heads closer to you, taking in the smell of the meal you were preparing. "i would've guessed, it smelt great outside. but of course, it wasn't childe's cooking."

you chuckled with zhongli, childe walking back in. 

"oh! zhongli!"

"hi childe." zhongli sat down by the counter. "seems like you're late to your own house, hm?"

childe gasped, acting offended. "well, i was getting mushrooms. for the meal i was gonna cook for you."

"the meal you're cooking? then why is y/n stirring the sauce?" zhongli points are you, raising an eyebrow at childe.

"ok whatever, you just can't support me." childe turned around, starting the cut the mushrooms for you. 

you walk out of childe's house, with a container of the pasta you made. 

"thanks for making this for zhongli and i." childe thanked you, walking you back to your car. 

"no problem, just a blessing to be in your house." looking at the big house, you take a deep sigh.