sixteen

-------------------------------------------------------------

it was after the part, your eyes adjusting to the headlights as you take a slight sigh. your mind filled with thoughts. those thoughts were interrupted by your phone ringing. your phone displayed the contact name of 'childe'.

"hey, what's wrong?" you asked. childe does call you late, but never this late. "did something happen?"

"um, something happened to your grandparents." childe said, you pulled over into an empty parking lot. "they called me since you changed your number."

"what happened to them?" you kept your hands on the steering wheel. 

childe took a deep breath. "they aren't sure what happened, but they were killed." at that point, you couldn't even say anything, you were not even breathing. "i'm so sorry y/n, they are investigating it right now." 

after a minute of silence, you took a deep sigh. "are we able to hold a funeral?" if this question wasn't answered the way you want it to be, you were not sure if you were going to break down. 

"yes, they were able to stitch up some parts." childe responded, you wanted to ask childe something but he already answered before you could ask. "do you want me to go over? once you get home since i know you're driving." you were trying not to sob, catch your breath before giving him a quick mumble. "alright, i'll get going."

before you started driving you took a 15-minute break in the parking, just to get back on track. as you were driving you tried to not think about the news you have just received. 

it's been two weeks since you heard the news, and you were feeling much better. the funeral has passed, which has let you free your emotions to be at peace. however, the murders have not been found. 

the birds chirped as you got your last box shut. you got a text from childe saying that your moving truck was ready. helping childe with the boxes, you took a breath before lifting a heavy box. you had sold most of your furniture since the place had already been furnished. 

the door shut beside you. you spoke up as childe was starting up the truck. "thanks for the help childe, my arms would've been broken if it wasn't for your help." you said rolling your wrists. childe chuckled as he began driving. 

"no need to thank me, just let me visit sometimes and i'll be very happy." childe responded, wearing a slight smirk. "deal?"

you put a finger on your chin. "hmm, i have to-" childe smacked your shoulder. "ow! what the freak?!" you put on a high-pitched voice. "that was not necessary." you kissed your teeth.

"you were about to say no to me going to your luxury apartment." childe looked back at the road.

"says the one with a luxury house" you emphasized the 'house' part. 

it was already 7 pm. you were playing with evie, letting her adapt to the new environment. childe was taking a nap on the couch. getting off the floor, you grab evie's food and putting it in her bowl. 

as you were starting to cook, you heard your doorbell ring. putting down that knife, you walk towards the door. you saw beidou when you opened the door. 

"oh, hey beidou." you greeted beidou, letting her step in. she puts a tasty look cake on top of your island counter. "what? no this is too much." you said dramatically catching your breath, putting your hand on beidou's shoulder. 

"it's nothing, just a welcome gift," beidou responded, giving you a quick smile. "don't think too much about it."

"this whole apartment is more than enough, a welcome gift is included in this." you gave evie a pet as she walked by you. "actually correction, this is 100 times more than a welcome gift."

beidou chuckled as she shook her head. that's when she noticed evie was looking right at her on the counter. "hey evie, how are ya'?" evie meowed, moving her head towards beidou's hand. "we should set up another play date for scotch and evie." that's when you remember beidou had also gotten a cat.

"oh right! how is scotch?" you asked as you continued cooking, preparing more food since beidou is there. beidou stopped petting evie, watching you while you cook.

"he's doing alright. just the growth is crazy." beidou responded. you heard rustling and groans on the couch. "oh, childe is here. i didn't notice."

"hey, beidou. how are you?" childe said grumpily while trying to sit up. 

"i'm doing good, how about you?" childe nodded, giving a quiet answer. "sorry if i woke you up." childe waved his hand, showing that it was totally fine.

childe walked up to you, throwing his arm over you. "what are you cooking." he said, while he was taking a lean-to sniff.

 "i'm just making some wraps." childe went back and took a seat on the chair by the counter. "i'm making one for you as well beidou, is that fine?"

"i'll take one if you want." beidou said behind you. 

childe has already gone home, but beidou was still at your apartment. she had gone back to her's at the top floor and brought down scotch, her cat, so he can play with evie. evie has been playing with scotch, but when he was a kitten she wouldn't even interact with him.

you and beidou were on the couch, watching them play while drinking a smoothie you made. you were so close to falling asleep, but you tried your best to stay up. beidou had taken a sip before standing up and bring her cup and yours to the sink and washing them. once she came back you were already knocked out on the couch. 

beidou smiled, she had thoughts of carrying you to the bed (OHHHHH- BEIDOU STRONG?) rather than letting you sleep on the couch. she just decided to do it. she put her arms around you, trying to be as careful as to not wake you up. evie stopped playing and already started following beidou. 

as beidou set you down on your bed, she smiled. standing there for a bit she held scotch. "come on, let them sleep." beidou said, she closed the door behind you. shutting off the lights and leaving your apartment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

OOO WEEEE, beidou can carry me any day ;) 

(if she can PFT-)

thank you so much for the support! we're almost at 300 views (. O. )!