twenty-four

-------------------------------------------------------------

the wind blowing against your weak body, zhongli put you down somewhere safe. 

"they're probably not gonna notice for another hour, so, you're okay." zhongli began comforting you. "you're safe with me.." you nodded because that was the only thing you could do. 

the silence stayed for about another hour. it seems like we were waiting for someone, but you didn't ask who. the silence was interrupted when we heard yelling coming from the room that you just escaped from. 

"did the new guy help?!" a loud voice boomed. that was all you could make of the yelling. 

"they are almost here, don't worry." zhongli wrapped his arm around you, as you began panicking again. that's when you heard a car coming up the hillside you and zhongli were on. "come on." zhongli helped you stand up. 

before you could even understand what was going to happen, you were quickly held by someone in the car as you stepped in. 

"huh?" you spoke out. the person let go, tears in their eyes. you almost started crying yourself. "beidou.." you held her once more. 

beidou began panicking making sure you were okay. multiple questions flying at you. "did they touch you?"

"not that i remember, no." that sentence confused beidou after you said it. 

"remember?" she asked.

"yeah, one of the guards knocked me out. then i woke up in a different room." you explained. beidou sighed trying to control her emotions. "but i'm sure that they didn't. at least i don't feel like they did.."

"i'm just glad you're okay. i was so so worried." beidou hugged you once more. you finally felt safe. the comfort you needed was beidou's, not anyone else's. "are we almost out of here kaeya?" you had just noticed kaeya was here while beidou started talking to him.

"we are. there is basically no one out there. it's a good sign they are only searching the inside." kaeya came to a stop after he saw something. "who is that?"

zhongli and kaeya stepped out of the car to investigate. the car was already far from the house's view. they both stood as sturdy as wood. you got out, while beidou was trying to get you back in. you got past kaeya and zhongli. 

you wished you hadn't got out of the car. the safe, safe care. you felt like crumbling right there. this is what they meant by 'i had to take care of him'. you couldn't even comprehend what was happening. why was the world against so many people at once?