thirteen

-------------------------------------------------------------

you wake up panicked, wondering what had just happened. you haven't had that recurring nightmare in years, why has it come back now?

you stayed awake for the rest of the night, gaining your comfort from tv shows and evie. remembering you had work, you quickly got up and started to get ready. you looked super tired and dead, but at this point, you just fixed it up a bit and left. 

you wondered why you had this nightmare again, you haven't dealt with this since 1 year after your mother passed away. trying to stay focused on the road, you tried to ignore your thoughts. 

once you got to work, you grabbed a coffee and breakfast to wake yourself up, and get ready to start working. after grabbing your things, you walk towards your office, taking a seat while sighing. as you were rubbing your forehead you notice a note on your test.

'thank you for your hard work! i hope you enjoy this extra treat, take care of yourself' - beidou

smiling yourself you open the letter, your eyes widen. it was extra money. with a face stuck in shock, you count the check. 

'this check is almost as much as my monthly check.' you thought to yourself. already feeling guilty of holding this much money, you think about going to beidou's office and giving the money back. 

and so you did.

walking up to beidou's door, taking a deep breath, you knock. 

"hello?" beidou's voice could be heard on the other side. informing her it was you, she let you in. "is this about that check i gave you?" resting her head on her palm, she chuckled. 

"yeah, i feel guilty taking this." setting it down on her table, beidou leaned back. "so, i wanted to gi-"

"yeah, no." beidou interrupted. "i am giving you this check because of your hard work, so you shouldn't feel guilty." beidou looked you in the eyes. "you've worked hard, it's deserved."

"are you sure?" you asked

"i'm sure, don't worry." beidou smiled. "i wanted to thank you on my behalf."

"thank you, so much!" beidou chuckled as you thanked her about 3 times.

after beidou told you to keep the check, you accepted it, thanking her multiple times. while you were walking back to your office you see zhongli. thinking whether you should greet him or not, you stop after you see childe. you wondered why childe was here, most likely visiting zhongli.