twenty-one

-------------------------------------------------------------

as you were sitting down while waiting for beidou you felt hands creeping up your back. when you turned around you noticed childe with a smile on his face. 

"you're a bit late." childe said while taking a seat next to you, passing you a weird-looking sandwich. you start digging in anyways. 

"beidou and i stopped by her friends' house for a bit." childe hummed after you responded, leaning back on the bench. "have you already went on the rides?" you asked.

"i was waiting for you." as he said that you noticed what he was planning. 

"i know what you're up to." you put your hand on his shoulder. "i am not going on those rides." childe chuckled at your comment. 

"come on, you have to have fun sometimes." childe sighed while still letting out a few chuckles. "you only stay home or go to work."

"i have fun at home and at work." you argued. 

"having fun with what?" childe responded. "playing valorant and simping over beidou?" you looked over at him with the last comment. he chuckled. "come on, you know it's true. not everyone notices but i do."

"how so?" you asked, trying to act as if you didn't do anything he had just mentioned. 

you felt his arm around your shoulder again. "i've known you for years y/n. i know what your thinking, always.." childe got up after he spoke. while he was walking away you thought to yourself. were you really that obvious? 

as you saw beidou approaching, you shook the thoughts from your head. 

"hey, you alright?" beidou asked, putting her hand on your forehead. "you look a bit pale." you just continued looking up at her while she looked at you with a worried look on her face. "did something happen while i was gone? you weren't pale when i left." 

"oh, it must be that i'm scared." beidou looked at you, still confused. "i'm not so good with tall and fast rides." 

"oh.." beidou sat down beside you, giving you some of her water. "we can go to the arcade for a bit, then we can come back and see if you want to try some of the rides." you looked over at beidou. "are you alright with that?"

you nodded, trying not to make as much eye contact with beidou. she didn't seem to notice your flustered state, or she did but didn't want to embarrass you. 

"beidou, you've wasted too much money. let's just move on to another game." you slightly pulled beidou's arm. after a bit, you felt more at ease around her. childe's words not coming into your mind as much.