seventeen

-------------------------------------------------------------

"come y/n! it's the first day." the high-pitched voice yelled beside you. all you could let out was a mumble. you haven't been to school since your mother passed away. "everyone has to be there!"

another grunt came out of your mouth. then you heard your door open again, it was your aunt. "come on sweetie, just try to." your aunt came up to you, caressing your hair. "if you can't i'll pick you up from school and we can try home school or online." 

these past few months you haven't been able to get up, having to be pushed to do so. but you were supported, no one ever completely forced you. you were grateful for that. it was a new city, the main city to be more specific. while moving out of your grandparents' house it got worse.

you've never met your aunt, when you were with your father he completely shut off family members, except your grandparents. your cousin stepping back, she looked at her mother. your aunt kneeled down. 

"honey, i know you're trying to help," your aunt spoke. "but you can't be so harsh, your cousin is trying." your cousin nodded, showing that she understands. "alright, i'll make some breakfast. try your best, it's for the best y/n." your aunt placed a hand on your arm, leaving the room afterwards. 

you laid on the bed for a few more minutes, just sitting in your thoughts like every other day. starting to think about what your aunt said, you got up, slowly, but you were doing it. 

(to clear up any confusion - the first part was middle school past, now this one is skipped to high school)

after you fixed yourself up and ate, you started heading out. as expected the city was packed, everyone was moving everywhere. you dropped your cousin off at her middle school. as you were walking into your school you bumped into someone. 

"oh i'm so sorry." you quickly apologize to the girl in front of you. her brown silky hair and tall-ish features made your heart flutter. 

"no need to apologize." she said to you, walking away afterwards. you were watching her go back to her friend group. her automatically smiling at her white-haired friend. everyone here looked so classy. 'i need to go shopping'  you thought to yourself.

when you entered your class you noticed the same girl sitting at the back of the class. the teacher went to the front, calling you forward as well. 

"good morning everyone, i'd like to introduce our new student. please treat them well, they are here after a while of homeschooling." your teacher introduced you. after you introduced yourself you waited for your teacher to tell you where you can sit. "you can sit beside her." you nodded as you went towards the back. 

the same girl was looking at you, when you looked over she looked away. 

you were walking back home while calling childe. 

"y/n guess what!" childe yelled through the phone.

"geez," you chuckled. "what?" 

there was a bit of silence before childe spoke up. "i'm moving to your school! they gave me a scholarship like you!" childe said. you couldn't even talk, you haven't seen childe in so long. you only saw him about once a year for an hour at most. "you there?"

"y-yeah i'm here." you said, with tears climbing up your eyes. 

"hey, hey, are you crying?" childe said through the phone, clearly concerned. you wiped your tears before you spoke up again.

"yeah, i'm just glad." as you were crossing the street you notice the girl again. she was hanging out with the same girl as before. one of them looked over at you, you quickly looked away while walking towards your street. "alright, i'm already home. i'll call you later." you and childe said 'bye', then you hung up the phone. 

as you were walking in your aunt already came up to you. "how was it sweetie?" the kind woman came up to you taking off her apron. "did you make any friends?" 

"no, but i got great news." sitting down at the table you smiled. taking a bite of an apple.

"oh?" 

"childe is transferring to my school, they also gave him a scholarship."

"that's a great sweetie! does he have a place to stay here?" your aunt asked sitting beside you.

"i don't think so, but i'll call him later asking if he wants to stay here." 

"how did you know i was going to ask him to stay here?" your shoulder was hit by your aunt playfully. 

"i know you." you chuckled. "well i have to go do my homework, i'll pick up kylie later if you'd like." grabbing your bag you head towards the stairs.

"no worries, i can pick her up."

it's the day.

the day childe is transferring to your school. he had family here already so he didn't stay with you. you didn't mind, since you were able to see him every day like you used to. you haven't seen him since the end of middle school, every since there you didn't visit the city, since your grandparents only visited you. 

as you were looking for the tall orange-haired boy, you felt a tap on your shoulder. you expect it to be childe, but when you turned you saw the white-haired girl. 

"this is for you." before you could respond she had already walked away. you decided to just open it before childe came. 

hello,

i know we only did one project, but i just wanted to say that i may or may not like you. actually no, i do like you. i probably won't hear your response but you most likely don't feel the same, since we barely talked. 

i won't hear from you because i'm moving, and we didn't even exchange numbers. god, now i feel stupid for not doing so. whatever, i hope we meet again soon

sincerely, 

your reading was interrupted by a familiar voice. after noticing it was childe, you sneaked towards him. he was talking to someone. helping them pick up their things. after he was done, this was your chance to sneak attack. as put away the letter, putting your arms around his shoulder. 

after that, life was sure to get easier. childe was here, so it was guaranteed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

WHY DO I KEEP BREAKING PROMISES UGH >:[

anyways, while i was away i came back to notice i'm almost at 400 views. LIKE UMM WHAT

thank you so so much for the support, you have no idea how happy this makes me <33

hope you enjoyed it!!