Chapter Thirty

"CHASE?" I screeched. "Oh my God, baby, what are you doing here?" I jumped up in his arms, wrapped my arms around his neck, and locked my heels together behind his back. I clung onto him for dear life and started giving his neck small kisses as I told him how much I missed him.

"I've missed you too, baby girl," he sighed before he kissed my cheek and put me down on the ground.

"So I'm guessing this is my surprise?" I laughed while looking into Chase's beautiful eyes.

"Yeah, it is, but if you don't like it I can return it back to Charlotte," Chase replied with a wink.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me. "No way!" I answered. "You're not leaving me. I'm so happy you're here, Chase."

"Me too," Chase smiled. "But this isn't your only surprise," he smirked. Oh, how I had missed that smirk.

"Oh, really," I smirked back.

"Yup," he replied. "I'll give you the other surprise later."

"Okay," I said. "How long are you staying?"

"I need to leave somewhere around 5:30 tonight," he answered.

"That's so soon," I frowned.

"I know, but hey, please don't frown. I hate seeing you sad," he stated.

"Okay," I smiled half-heartedly. "In the meantime do you want to walk around, or get something to eat, or what do you want to do?"

"How bout you show me around campus and then we'll go back to your apartment and spend time together before I have to leave. Is that okay, baby?" he asked.

"Sounds like a plan to me," I said as I held his hand and started walking. "Come with me." I turned to Emily and said, "I'm going to show him around, and we'll be at the apartment in about an hour."

"Okay," she smiled. "You two lovebirds have fun." Emily walked away, and I started leading Chase to the best spots on campus, his hand in mine and my other hand on his bicep.

I smiled like an idiot the whole time I was showing Chase the campus. We walked around Jordan-Hare Stadium and to The Quad, then took him to see the Auburn Seal in front of Langdon Hall, keeping my distance from the round metal in the ground. I explained to him the legendary curse of the infamous seal. "Legend has it," I began. "If you step on the seal at any time while you go to school here, you'll be cursed and you will fail every class that year."

"Can the curse be broken?" Chase asked curiously.

"Yes it can," I replied.

"Well, how do you break it?" he inquired.

I smirked and looked at the seal then back at Chase and pulled him and his arm closer to my chest, bear hugging his arm. "There's only two ways to break the curse," I answered. I let go of Chase's arm and started walking in a circle around the seal. "A: You can drink the water out of the little pond at one of the buildings." I said. I smirked at Chase and told him the other option. "B: You can go swimming in the pool at midnight. Of the University's President. Naked. But you can't drink the water cause they filled up the pond, so the only option is to go skinny dipping in the pool."

Chase raised his eyebrows, and his eyes got wide. "So whoever steps on that seal has to go to skinny dipping in the University's President's swimming pool at midnight or they'll fail college?"

"Yep, and someone has to witness you doing it," I giggled.

Chase's shocked expression turned into a smirk, and he said, "Well then, sure would be a shame if you stepped on it, and someone 'me'," he coughed, "had to witness you skinny dipping at midnight."

I laughed and stepped away from the seal. I became serious and said, "If you make me step on this seal I will never trust you again."

Chase threw his hands up and took a step back. "I would never do that to you, baby," he smirked.

"Yeah, mhmm, never," I joked with him.

I motioned for Chase to come to me, and when he did, I grabbed his hand and continued the tour. We walked to Toomer's Corner and got a glass of the famous lemonade at Toomer's Drug Store. We took our lemonade and walked across to the street and sat down on the lawn in front of Samford Hall. We talked, held hands, and drank our lemonade, and when we were done, we got up and started walking to my apartment.

When we reached my apartment, we went inside and started watching tv and cuddling on the couch in the living room. Emily came into the room and sat down in one of the chairs and joined our little party while we watched Reign. The show went off at just a few minutes before five, and Chase got up off the couch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up, then picked me up off the ground and carried me chest to chest to my room.

Once he got to my room, he closed my door and turned around and put my back into the door. He looked deep into my eyes and let his eyes trail down to my lips. He licked his bottom lip, then bit down on it while he stared at mine. I wrapped my legs tight around Chase and locked my arms around his neck. He held me up by holding onto my waist and using the door as support. He had hunger and passion in his eyes as he looked back up into my eyes and leaned his face towards mine.

"You have no idea how much I have missed you and how bad I've wanted to do this," he whispered, his warm breath blowing against my lips as he said the words.

I breathed in deep at the feeling of his breath on my lips and whispered back, "And you have no idea how bad I've wanted this to happen."

He smiled a little, then leaned in even more until our lips connected. The kiss was slow but passionate, filled with all the built up kisses we couldn't share in the three weeks we were apart. He put one arm under my legs and the other hand on the door by my face and held me up. He depended the kiss and I could not help but put my fingers in his hair and grip it.

When I tightened my grip on Chase's hair, he moaned into the kiss which, I'm not going to lie, really turned me on. He pushed his weight into me, making the kiss even more heated. His tongue begged for entrance, which I gladly gave. I pulled on Chase's hair again, and he moaned and backed away from the kiss then brushed my hair away from my neck and began to kiss it. He almost instantly found my favorite spot and he began gently sucking on it. The pleasure I was getting from his lips on my skin caused me to moan which made him bring his lips back to mine. He kissed me one more long, slow time then he pulled away.

He looked me in the eyes and brushed my hair behind my ear and smiled. "Now that's how you tell your girl that you're happy to see her," he smiled.

I looked away shyly and giggled. "Sure is," I replied. We laughed, then Chase put me back down on my feet. I straightened my clothes then turned towards Chase to see him pulling my suit case out of the closet. "Chase, what are you doing?" I asked.

"This is your other surprise," Chase said with a silly grin. "I'm flying you out to Kentucky with me so you can watch me race, and we can spend time together."

"What? Chase, OMG thank you so much, baby," I said jumping up and down and laughing.

"Better get packing," Chase smirked and handed me a suitcase.