Chapter Nineteen

"What?" I asked my mother in disbelief. I had just asked my mom if I could spend the night with Chase, and of course, she said no. "Why can't I stay with him?"

"Because you barely know him, and we booked a hotel for us to stay in," she replied.

"I know him more than you think I do, and I really like him, and you should know just from what little you've seen and heard about him that he would never do anything to hurt anybody," I defended.

"Yes ma'am," Chase cut in. "I can promise you I would never do anything to disrespect or hurt your daughter," he assured.

"Thats's good to know, Chase," she replied. She then turned to me and said, "You will see him tomorrow, I mean we are coming back."

"Momma, do you realize that after tomorrow I won't be able to see him for a long time?" I inquired.

"Yeah," she answered.

"And you do realize I'm eighteen, and I can handle myself. You should be able to trust me to be responsible while staying with him," I reminded her.

She just looked and rolled her eyes. She looked at my dad, who was always my biggest supporter, and he nodded his head yes. I could tell he understood the situation, and I knew he trusted me with Chase. My mom turned back and said, "Well we gotta go get your bag out of the truck then."

"OMG! Mom thank you so much! Chase and I will stay here while y'all go get my bag," I replied.

My mom and dad walked off, my mom ranting non-stop about how she did not think it was a good idea or how she had a bad feeling. My dad just blocked it out, held her hand, and shook his head. The usual. Me and Chase watched them walk away, and we both laughed at my mom. "She may nag him and be a little excessive sometimes, but they love each other so much, and they have a great relationship. I want a love like theirs," I admitted.

Chase laughed, and he grabbed my hands and turned me to him. He put his arms around me and rested both of his hands on my lower back. He pulled me closer to him, looked into my eyes, and smiled. "Except our love won't have the nagging part, right?" he asked.

"Nope, I don't nag," I said. Wait. What? Did he just....? Chase had just implied that we would have a love. That he would love me and I would love him.

"Good," Chase laughed. I loved that laugh more than almost anything in the world. I just stared at him while he looked into my eyes. He was so gorgeous. His hair was sweaty and messy from his helmet, and I could see how tired he was. He was totally adorable. He had unzipped his fire suit and tied the top half of it around his waist so he could cool off, and he was wearing a grey T-shirt that was soaked with sweat in places. His abs were visible through the wet shirt as it clung to his body. I'm not going to lie. It turned me on.

There was nobody around except a few clean up crew guys, and it was such a contrast to the loud, crazy scene that took place there about an hour ago. I gripped onto the bottom edges of his shirt as he leaned forward to kiss my head. He ran his hand up my back slowly, sending lightning volts through my whole body. He kept moving his hand up, going under my hair and up to my neck. His lips touched my head as his hand lightly gripped my neck.

He rested his forehead on mine after he kissed my forehead. He moved his right hand a little so that it cradled my cheek while it still gripped the back of my neck. His warm breath blew against my lips with every breath he took, and my heart started pounding. He moved his left hand to the middle of my lower back, signaling me to move in closer. And I did.

I wanted him so bad, and when he took his forehead off mine, I noticed he was biting his bottom lip. He looked at my lips, looked me in the eyes, and he then leaned into me.

His lips met mine, and my head started spinning. Our lips moved in perfect rhythm with each other, and we both closed our eyes and settled into the kiss. He pulled me into him so tightly, and I wrapped my arms around his body. He tightened and released his grip on my neck each time our lips moved, and the passion that came from our hearts and through our lips to each other was intoxicating.

After what seemed like eternity but was really just a few moments, Chase backed away gradually, and our lips parted. I slowly opened my eyes to see Chase grinning shyly. He removed his hand from my face and pulled me into his arms.

I could not believe what had just happened, but I never wanted it to end. I had never felt before what I felt with him, and I wanted that feeling to last forever. The love Chase alluded to earlier was coming on strong for me, and I was diving head first into a romance with an amazing guy who made me feel like the only girl in the world.

As we hugged each other, the track seemed like a ghost town. The stadium lights lit up the sky, and the confetti from the celebration of Chase's victory was strewn everywhere. Chase held me for a long time as we waited for my parents to come back with my bags. It was in that moment, at the race track, in Chase's arms, when I realized I had fallen in love with Chase.

I had fallen in love in Victory Lane.