Chapter Thirty Eight

*Dylan's POV*

I thought to myself, "I hope this plan will work."

Switching POVs. Don't hate me Livlers!!

*Emily's POV*

I checked my phone after going for an early-morning run on Friday after coming home from the race at Kentucky. I saw a snapchat from Hunter, a message from Dylan and twelve messages from Ryan. I opened up the message from Dylan first...I'd check Ryan's messages later. 

Rockstar: Wake up Buttercup! The day's awastin'!

I replied:

Me: Lol but I've been up since 5:30...so you're kind of the lazy one here...

He read the message as soon as it delivered. Desperate much, Dylan? 

Rockstar: Well have you been to the gym and exercised like me?

Me: Um...no...

Me: But I went for a three mile run. 

Rockstar: I bench pressed 250 lbs and squatted like 200. 

Me: I sprinted 500 yards. 

Rockstar: I race cars for a living with G forces pushing on me the whole time. 

Me: I bleed for seven days every month...

Rockstar: Well I....nvm you win. 

Me: That's what I thought. Just shut up Hotshot and bring me donuts.

Rockstar: Ok Hot Thang, I'm on my way. 

Me: Okay good hurry up lol I'm sweating all the junk out of my body so I need to be refueled. 

Dylan: So you're like a race car and need to be fueled up?? haha

Me: YAS See the race car...be the race car....

Dylan: Haha mmmmmkkkkkkk....

By this time I was back at my apartment, so I needed to get a shower and get ready for class.

Me: I gotta get a shower I'll text ya later.

Rockstar: Think of me ;) jk jk don't punch meh! I'll ttyl 

I hopped in the shower after checking Hunter's snapchat. What was she even doing up this early? In the shower I read Ryan's text messages. 

Ryan <3: Good morning baby girl!
                   I miss you!
                   I hope you have a good day at classes!
                   I know you're probably not up yet but I just wanna say how lucky I am to have you! 
                   Oh and you're gorgeous.
                   I'm spamming you
                   ;) 
                   Lol 
                   I want to talk to you!!!!!!!!!
                   Baby
                   Wake uuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppp
                   Please <3 :P I have to talk to you about something! You're gonna wanna hear it. 

I read his texts and decided to just text him later. He would understand why I could not answer him. 

After all of my classes were done for the day, I decided to call Ryan. "Hello?" Ryan answered. 

"Hey, Lil Blaney," I said with a smile. Hearing his voice kinda cheered me up and made me smile. 

"Hey, baby girl. What's up?" he asked. 

We talked about each other's day and then I asked Ryan, "What was you wanting to tell me earlier?" 

"I was going to tell you...wait, nope, I'm gonna make you guess," he replied. 

"Really, Ryan?" I laughed. 

"Heck yeah!" he snickered. "Okay, so I was thinking that people don't need to pick on me anymore about not taking you out, so I'm going to change that." 

"How so?" I asked, intrigued. 

"Take a guess," I could hear him smirk through the phone. I knew what he was about to do but decided to play along. 

"You're going to," I hesitated for a moment then finished, "tell everybody to stop joking with you?" 

"No," Ryan laughed. "Guess again." 

"You're going to ignore them?" I pretended I did not know what was going on, and I tried so hard not to laugh. 

"No, darling, I'm going to take you out on a date," he said confidently. 

"Oh really? When and where?" I asked. 

"Sunday. Seven o'clock. I'll be at your apartment door waiting on you," he answered. 

"How should I dress?" I inquired. 

"Fancy." 

"I'll be waiting on you," I smiled into the phone. 

*************************************************

Ryan and I walked hand in hand past Toomer's Corner in downtown Auburn. I was in a tight fitting white dress with black heels. Ryan told me to dress fancy but I had no idea where he was taking me. We kept walking until we reached the stadium, my favorite place on campus. He told me to wait where I was and walked up to a security guard standing at one of the gates.  He said something to the guard and walked back to me as the guard opened the gate. He led me into the stadium, and I was constantly asking him what we were doing and how we got into the stadium. He led me to the locker rooms and to the tunnel that led onto the field. We walked out from the tunnel onto the field, and the beauty of the stadium literally took my breath away. 

He led me to the middle of the field, where I saw a blanket and a picnic basket sitting on the fifty yard line. The sun was starting to set, which made the atmosphere even more beautiful. We sat down on the blanket and ate and talked, enjoying each other's company. "Ryan Blaney, how in the world did you pull this off?" I asked. 

"Sweetie, I will do anything in order to have the perfect first date with you," he answered.

After our date, we went back to my apartment, which we had all to ourselves because Hunter was the amazing best friend/sister she is and went to stay with a friend for the night so me and Blaney could have some space. 

As we sat on the couch watching a Spongebob marathon on tv, I got a text from Dylan. 

Rockstar: Hey Ems?

Me: Hey what's up?

Rockstar: You know you're one of my best friends right?

Me: Yeah...I guess

Rockstar: And that I would do anything for you right?

By now, Ryan had saw that Dylan had interrupted our date, and to say the least, he was not happy.

Me: Yeah...

Rockstar: I'm one of your best friends right?

Me: Yeah...Dylan what's wrong?

Rockstar: Is there a way that you can come to Mooresville?

Me: Why? What happened?

Rockstar: I'm in the hospital.

I jumped off the couch and started packing.