Chapter Twenty Three

"Paisley! What the heck are you doing here?" Chase practically screamed. 

The girl, who I assumed was named Paisley sauntered up to us in her six inch heels. Like really? We are at a race track and she wore heels. She stopped in front of Chase and flipped her hair off her shoulders. "Hey, Chasey!" she said with a fake smile. 

"Paisley, do not call me Chasey. Ever again. And why are you here?" Chase demanded. 

She rolled her eyes and giggled. "I just wanted to come see how my boy was doing," she said as she put her hand on his arm. I felt so much jealousy swell up inside of me, and I literally wanted to take her hand off of Chase. I could feel him tense up under her touch, and he gripped my hand tighter.

He jerked his arm away from her, and she looked shocked. "I am not your boy. And if that's all you wanted, well, I'm doing fine, so feel free to leave," Chase replied. 

She opened her mouth to speak, but she hesitated. "I know you don't mean that, Chase. I'm here all day for the race. I'm not leaving."

"That's fine. I don't care what you do. Just stay away from me. I mean it." He was short with her, and I could tell he was really irritated by this point. 

"Whatever," she replied. She looked and pointed at me. "Are you not gonna introduce me to...her?" she asked with a disgusted tone as she glared at me. 

Chase looked at me and smiled. His tone changed as he introduced me to her. "This is Hunter. Hunter, this is Paisley." 

"Okay," she retorted. "I'll see you later, Chase."

With that, she turned and walked away. Chase turned his back to her and rubbed his forehead with his hand. I walked up behind him put one hand on his shoulder and my other arm around his chest, kind of hugging him. I kissed the back of his neck and said, "Well that was something."

"Yeah," he whispered. He turned around to face me, and I kept my arms around him. He put his hands on my waist and looked me in the eyes. "I am so sorry. I don't know what she's doing here. I had no idea she was gonna show up today," he said. 

"Baby, it's okay. Who is she?" I asked. 

He hesitated a little to tell me, but he said, "She's my ex-girlfriend. We dated for a year, and I broke up with her because a crazy little..." he trailed off. 

Dang I thought. A year? That's a long time. I laughed at the fact that he almost called her a...you know what. "I promise you, thought," he started. "She is nothing to me anymore. She never really was," he finished. 

"Chase, it's okay. I believe you. You don't have to explain," I reassured him. 

"You really mean that?" he asked. 

"Yes, baby. I trust you," I replied. 

"Okay, thanks so much for trusting me." 

"You're welcome," I said. 

He looked at me for a minute, then softly grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss. I could tell from the kiss that what he said was true, and there really was no reason for me to worry about Paisley. 

After we stopped kissing, I asked, " Want to go see if Ryan and Emily are still at the diner?" 

"Yeah, I'm starving. Let's go get some food," Chase said, giving me another quick kiss. 

I bit his lip as he pulled away from the kiss. "Oh, dang, baby girl," he said with a wink. "Save that for later. Don't want to start any fires you can't put out." I laughed, he winked, and I grabbed his hand and started walking to the diner. When we got there, we walked in and sat down with Ryan and Emily. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" Ryan asked. 

"Um...not much," I said. 

"Guess what." Chase said. 

"What?" Emily asked. 

"Paisley Porthouse is here," Chase replied. 

Ryan quickly lifted his head when he heard what Chase said. "Paisley? As in Crazy Paisley? Like your ex Paisley? She's here?" Ryan babbled. 

"Yes, Ryan. That Paisley is here. At the track. Hunter and I just ran into her," Chase replied.

"OOOOOH, dang, Chase. How did that go?" Ryan asked. 

"Well I told her I didn't care what she's here for, as long as she stays away from me. Oh, and I introduced her to this beautiful woman sitting beside me," Chase replied.

"How did she react?" Emily asked. 

"She just walked off. It was pretty funny; she looked so mad," I laughed. 

We all laughed, and Chase and I ordered our food. We talked to Ryan and Emily, and when we were done eating, we left the diner and started walking around, wasting time until Sprint Cup Qualifying began.