Chapter One

*Beep beep beep*

Ugh! I hated the sound of my alarm clock waking me up. Especially at 4 a.m. But that day was different. It was the day I went to the Nascar Nationwide race at Atlanta Motor Speedway! I was excited to get to watch my favorite Nationwide driver Chase Elliott, but I was also nervous because there was a chance I could meet him.

I shot up in bed and rubbed my eyes. I grabbed my phone and I had several notifications. My stomached flip flopped and I let out a silent scream of joy when I saw the notification that read "RACE DAY". I quickly got out of my bed and did a little dance all the way to my closet. I took my Chase Elliott Napa 9 shirt and Daisy Duke cut off shorts off the hangers. I went into my bathroom and hopped into the shower. I put on some Eric Church music to remind me constantly of Chase. Not like I needed any help thinking about him.

After I took my shower, I put on my clothes and then did my hair. I wanted to keep my hair down because I wanted to look good in case I met Chase on Pit Road. Then I did my makeup. The natural shades I put on are my signature makeup style. After I did my makeup, I finished my outfit by putting on my cowboy boots. I checked my outfit in the mirror, and, for once, I actually felt beautiful.

I walked downstairs and looked for my mom and dad. Are they really still getting ready? Ithought to myself. Wow. And they say I take too long. I said to myself.

"MOOOOM. DAAAAAD. LETS GOOO! I wanna get there early! Y'all know that!" I screamed up the stairs.

"We're coming, Hunter. Just calm down. You'll get there soon enough, and we'll spend plenty of time there today," my mom said. She does not like nascar, but she went to the race because I love it so much.

I was the first one in the truck, and when my dad cranked it up, the clock showed 5 a.m. We were actually on time for once.

I put my seatbelt on and my dad pulled out of the driveway. As I listened to the soothing sound of the tires, my parents voices, and the country music on the radio, I found myself thinking about Chase.