Chapter Thirteen

*Dylan's POV*

After I left the group, I had to go speak to my crew chief about the race strategy. I needed an excuse to get away from them. I had no idea why, but I found myself becoming jealous of the way Emily was with Ryan, and I had to get away so I could cool down. I was not angry, but I needed to control these weird emotions. Talking to my crew chief could have waited, but I used it as an excuse to leave the group.

After I talked to Pat Tryson, my crew chief, I started walking to my RV. I wanted to relax before the race; I did not need emotions getting in the way of my driving. I wanted to get to my RV, relax with my dog Ziggy, and watch some football. On my way, however, I saw Ryan and Emily stopped in the middle of the walkway.

I did not want to look like a stalker, but I wanted to see what was happening. I backed out of the way, and tried to look inconspicuous. Ryan had his hand in hers, and his other hand was on her cheek. What the heck?? He just kissed her forehead!

This weird feeling surged through my whole body, and I longed to be in Ryan's place. What had gotten into me? She obviously liked Ryan, so I could not figure out why I felt like I had a chance with her. Did I have a chance with her?

I saw how happy she was with Ryan, and I wanted the best for her, so I just decided to just let it go. I did not want to ruin Emily's relationship with Ryan and make her unhappy. Just forget about her, I thought to myself. I just shook my head and started walking to my RV. I needed to get over this. I barely even knew her. Why did someone I barely know effect me so much?