Chapter Nine #di9

We sat there in silence for a few minutes, but Chase broke the silence. "I don't think it's right that we have seen each other three times already, and I haven't once asked you your name," he said. There was a seriousness in his words that was integrated with playful flirtiness. I loved it.

"My name is Hunter Roberts," I answered. I was a little self-conscious about my name being a guy's name, but Chase eased my worries.

"That is the coolest name for a girl I have ever heard. I love it," he grinned. Phew! That made me feel better.

"Thanks," I said. "I'm always a little self-conscious about what people will think of my name."

"Why is that?"

"Because, it's a boys name," I laughed.

"Well, I think it's beautiful," he declared.

I blushed when he said it; I could feel my cheeks start burning. He ran his fingers through his dark brown, almost black, hair and smiled. I swear my heart skipped a beat when he did it. It was so sexy, and I could not take it anymore, so I looked away. Chase started eating his food, which had been at the table for some time now, and was probably cold.

We had to be back at Pit Road in about thirty minutes, in order to see Dale's practice run for the race. We all talked about the races, cars, music, sports, and anything we thought of. In the discussion of music, Chase and I had similar taste, so we started our own conversation about it. Yeah, it was awkward at first, but after a while, we settled into a comfortable conversation. I loved talking to him, and I loved hearing him laugh. He obviously loved making me laugh, because he kept making jokes, and causing me to giggle.

I was disappointed when Dylan interrupted us and said we had to leave to go watch Sprint Cup practice. We got up from the table and headed for the door, and all the while, Chase and I were still talking. We walked out the diner, and the sweltering heat hit my face. Without thinking about it, I said, "I'm so hot!"

Chase looked at me and smiled, and then looked me in the eyes and said, "You sure are."

Oh my God. Did he really say that I was hot? I do not think he was talking about the fact that I was sweating from the hot Georgia sun.

I blushed, feeling like I had turned into a tomato. I laughed awkwardly and stared at the ground. He smirked his sexy smile at me and playfully ran into me.

"Thanks," I smirked back. When he ran into me, I playfully shoved him way. As I shoved him away, he ran his right hand down my arm while he backed away. When his hand reached my wrist, he moved his hand around until my hand was in his. Electricity shot through my body like I had been hit with a thousand lightning bolts. With one swift, strong motion, he pulled me to him. He pulled harder than he expected, and my body collided with his.

He kept me from knocking him down by placing his left hand on my waist right above my hip. Our faces almost touched each other's, but I backed away before they could. The whole world seemed to fade away, like we were the only people around. That quickly changed when I heard Dylan, Kyle, Ryan, and Emily start fox whistling and saying, "Woo hoo!" and "Go Chase!".

I quickly backed away from Chase and stood by his side. I put my free hand over my face and started laughing from embarrassment. Chase just smiled and told the guys, "Shut up." I thought for sure he was going to let go of my hand, but as we started walking again, with me by his side, he held my hand tighter.

It was a little awkward at first because I was so shy and embarrassed, but I soon became comfortable with the feeling of his hand in mine as we walked to go watch practice. Periodically, Chase would smile and wink at me, then grip my hand tightly. I would smile and tighten my grip in reply. With each step we took down Pit Road, with every wink and smile, with every second that I was with him, I felt myself falling harder and harder for this boy named Chase Elliott.

(A/N OMG GUYS THANKS SO MUCH FOR 200 VIEWS IN 3 DAYS! THIS IS AMAZING!)