Chapter Eleven

*Hunter's POV*

I think everyone in the group knew that something was wrong with Dylan. What was the problem though? Was what I thought about earlier really the case? Was Dylan jealous of Ryan and Emily? I mean, it was ironic that he got upset and left right after Ryan started holding hands with Emily.

Awwww! I thought to myself. They're holding hands! Just like me and Chase do, I smiled and said to myself. You go girl! was the next though that crossed my mind. I was happy for Emily. She was my best friend, and I wanted the best for her, and I wanted her to be happy.

By now, we were at Dale's garage. I smiled when I thought about my conversation with Dale earlier in the day. When he took his helmet off and noticed us, he smiled and came up to us.

"Hunter? I see you have met Chase," he said.

"Yeah," I blushed. "We met."

"Wait," Chase replied. "You know Dale?"

"Yeah we met earlier today at the diner, before you came in," I answered.

"Oh okay," he smiled. "That's cool."

We all took turns congratulating Dale, offering encouragement and support. "You can do it, Dale," I said.

"You had a great run," Chase added.

"I think this is your year, Dale," Ryan stated.

"Yeah, its your time to truly shine," Emily concluded.

"Thanks, y'all. This means so much to me, and each of y'all's support helps me and keeps me going. Gives me a reason to keep going, other than the fact that I love doing what I do."

"We are always here for you, Dale, and we will always encourage you," Chase said. That was the sweetest thing he had ever said, and it only made me like him more. He had such a kind and supportive heart.

After we finished talking to Dale, we tried to decide what to do next. We all contemplated it and threw around ideas, but we did not approve of any of them until Chase came up with his idea.

"Do you girls have hot passes?" he inquired.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Okay so y'all have access to the RV area. How bout we all go back to my RV and chill for an hour before we have to come back down here for qualifying?" he asked.

"Yeah! That sounds awesome!" Ryan agreed. "That way we can get out of this heat, and I can watch some football games on tv."

Everyone agreed with Ryan, and Chase said, "Then it's settled. My place it is."

I sort of panicked when I realized I was going to his RV, but I calmed down when I remembered we was not going there alone. I did not think I was ready to be alone with Chase in his RV. At least not yet anyways.