Year Two| 31

Ben's Point Of View

The next morning, I got up early and got ready right away. I couldn't wait to see Rey again.

I heard a knock on my door as I was combing my hair. "You got another letter from your girlfriend," I heard my uncle say.

I opened the door, and he passed me the letter, smirking widely as he did.

"Thanks, uncle," I answered. I opened the letter and read it silently.

~💌~ 

My dearest Ben,

Thank you for agreeing to meet me. I can't wait to begin the next chapter of our life together. It will be so wonderful to get to see you, hopefully as often as possible.

I think about you all of the time too. I think about what our future might be like.

I can't wait to sit with you and share long talks, and get to know you even more.

I must admit that I am anxious to see the face of the man I have come to love, it would be nice to have an image to visualize when I think of you. Though your words will be in my heart as they always have been.

I love you with all of my heart.

Love, Rey

~💌~

I wrote a reply, I know that I'm going to get to see her today, but letters brought us together. And it seemed really romantic to send her a love letter every once in a while. I imagined myself many years from now, writing her love letters and leaving them out for her to find even after we've been married for several years.

I should probably not think about something so distant into the future. But I can't help it, I can't imagine spending my life without her.

I went down the hall with the letter in my hand.

"Ready?" my uncle asked.

I nodded. "I'll see you later."

He nodded.

I made my way towards my car, stopping as I reached the mailbox in order to send the letter I had just written.

Rey's Point Of View

I decided to wear a sundress today, mostly because I wanted look nice for Ben. I was never the kind of girl that really cared about how I looked, but falling in love does something to you, I guess.

There was a knock on the door and I hurried to answer it.

Ben stood there with a bouquet of flowers. "I bought these for you," he said shyly, as he passed them to me.

I smiled at him. "That's so sweet, Ben."

He blushed.

He is so adorable, I thought. I leaned up to kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

He smiled. "Anything for you."

I grabbed his hand and led him inside. "I'll be right back."

He nodded.

After a moment I returned to with a vase full of water to put the flowers in. Then we both sat down on the couch.

He gently rubbed my back and I blushed at how tender he was being.

"I got your letter this morning," he said. "I sent a reply. I want to share long talks with you too. I already know you well, but it takes a lifetime to truly get to know someone, especially someone as wonderful as you."

I blushed. He was right, it would take me a lifetime to truly know everything about him. But I couldn't think of a better way to spend my life.

"I still don't know what your favorite flowers are, that's why I chose the mixed bouquet," he continued.

I laid my head on his shoulder. "I don't really have a favorite. All flowers are beautiful, especially when they come from the one you love."

He smiled at me. "I love you, Rey."

I kissed his cheek. "I love you too."

Miss Holdo came in with a picnic basket. "Are you two ready to go?"

I nodded. "Yes, Miss Holdo."

Ben stood up and offered his hand down to me. I took it and he helped me to my feet.

"You're such a gentleman," I told him. I was used to the brother and sister relationship I had with Finn and Poe. They had never done something like that before.

He blushed again. He didn't seem used to receiving complaints, but I thought that his humility was cute. He would just have to get used to me complimenting him, because to me he's wonderful. And I want him to know that.