Year Two | 21

Rey's Point Of View

Miss Holdo called all of us into the living room to meet the three new kids. It would be kind of nice to have younger kids around here again, it made me feel needed, helping them with their homework or teaching them how to play games. And like Ben said, they ask the cutest questions.

I sighed, I couldn't seem to stop thinking about him. He seemed to be filling my thoughts more and more with each day that went by, and knowing that he loves me in return only makes me long for him more. I wish that I could just fast forward my life to Friday when I will finally get to meet him.

I was pulled from my thoughts as Miss Holdo entered the room with three kids. One of them was a little boy with dark skin and dark hair. Then there was a girl with freckles and curly red hair. And last was a little boy with pale skin and light brown hair that fell from his brown cap.

All three of them seemed shy and a little nervous about their new home, I knew how they felt. I'd experienced this very thing over ten years ago.

"This is Arashell..." she gestured to the little girl. "...Oniho," she pointed to the first boy, "and Temiri," she finished, gesturing to the last boy who wore the brown cap.

I went over to them, to welcome them. "Hi, I'm Rey, welcome we're happy to have you here."

"Thank you," the little boy named Temiri said.

I smiled at him and he smiled in return.

"We can help you unpack," Finn offered.

The three children nodded.

"Thanks," Oniho replied.

~~~That Night~~~

After we helped the kids unpack, we played with them for a little while to break the ice. They seemed more comfortable here already.

The younger kids had to go to bed earlier than the teenagers, so I was watching tv with Finn, Rose, Paige and Poe while the younger kids got ready for bed.

Temiri came into the living room in his pajamas. "Rey can you read us a bedtime story?"

I smiled. "Sure, I have the perfect one."

I went to grab my book, then I followed him to the room he shared with Oniho. There were four bedrooms for the kids who stayed here one for the older boys, one for the older girls, one for the younger boys and one for the younger girls, which meant that Arashell had a room all to herself. But I didn't mind sharing a room with Rose and Paige, that way we could stay up late telling secrets.

I sat down on one of the beds and the three children gathered around to hear the story. I decided to read The Phantom to them, I think they'll like it since the main character is a boy close to their age, and it has everything you could possibly want in a story, action, adventure, a little romance and even a bit of humor. Temiri actually reminds me a lot of Anakin, he even looks like him on the cover of the book.

"This book was written by my best friend," I told them.

Temiri looked at the cover. "Cool."

I read the first two chapters and they seemed to love it, especially when I acted out some of the scenes.

Once I finished the second chapter, I closed the book.

"Why are stopping?" Oniho asked.

"It's getting late and you have to get up early for school tomorrow," I replied. "I'll read more tomorrow, I promise."

I tucked Temiri and Oniho in and then I took Arashell to her room.

Then I sat down at my computer and posted the next chapter of my fan fiction, then I wrote Ben.

Rey:
Hi, Ben

Ben:
Hello sweetheart

I blushed at that.

Rey:
I can't wait for Friday

Ben:
Me either, I can't wait to see you.
Miss Holdo told me that three new kids were coming today, how did it go?

Rey:
They were a little nervous about coming to a new place at first , but I think they feel more at home now.
They wanted me to read them a bedtime story, so I read two chapters of your book to them, they loved it, they didn't want me to stop.

Ben:
That's great, you can tell them that I'll read a chapter to them on Friday.

Rey:
They would love that.

Ben:
Are you nervous at all about Friday?

Rey:
I want to say no, but I can't lie to you.
Yes I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time.
What about you?

Ben:
I feel the same, I really want to meet you, but I don't want to disappoint you.
And I'm afraid that I'll freeze.

Rey:
You won't disappoint me.
But I understand how you feel, I don't want to disappoint you either.

Ben:
I will be too happy to meet you to be disappointed.

Rey:
Me too
I love you ❤️

Ben:
I love you too
❤️❤️❤️❤️