Year Two| 20

Rey's Point Of View

I was so excited that I could barely handle it, next Friday couldn't come quickly enough. I wasn't sure if I could wait for a little over a week, but I've waited for nearly two years, I could wait a week, but it wouldn't be easy, I was too excited.

I went to go tell Finn, Poe, Rose and Paige what had happened.

I found them in the living room talking. Poe and Paige were playing with buddy while Finn and Rose were holding hands. Aww, they're so cute! I'm glad Finn finally told Rose the truth.

I sat down in an empty armchair, trying to contain my excitement.

"Where did you get that necklace Rey?" Paige asked.

I blushed. "Ben gave it to me as a birthday present."

Rose smiled. "That's so sweet."

I nodded then decided to change the subject as I began to blush even more. "Ben and I want to meet each other, so I invited him to have dinner with us next Friday."

"That sounds good," said Paige.

"Yes maybe we can trick him into giving us some spoilers from the next book," Finn agreed.

"I doubt it, he's very secretive when it comes to his books. Even though he has let a few things slip," I answered.

"Ooo! Like what?" Finn asked.

"I'm not going to tell you. I had to piece it together based on little things he said, but I could be wrong. Either way I'm not going to tell," I replied. I didn't know if Ben would want me to tell anyone that Anakin and Padme were his grandparents. That was pretty much all I knew, that they eventually have kids, also he mentioned that his grandmother died in childbirth which is really sad. Hopefully he will change the book from the true story.

"I guess we'll just have to wait," said Poe.

I nodded confirming that they would.

Ben's Point Of View

I took a deep breath, I don't know why I'm so nervous about this. I dialed Miss Holdo's number and after a moment, she answered.

"Hello, this is the Nimma Orphanage, you're speaking to Miss Holdo. Can I help you?"

The formal greeting caught me off guard and I stuttered for a moment. "Ummm... I... this is Ben Solo."

"Hi Ben, is this about your fundraiser program?"

"No...this is more of a personal call I guess. It's about Rey," I answered slowly.

"Oh," she said and I could almost hear the smile in her voice.

"We've been writing each other for over a year and I would really like to meet her."

"She wants to meet you too, I still feel really guilty about the book signing," she answered.

"It's okay, I'm just sorry that she wasn't able to find her family."

"Me too," she answered.

"I was wondering if I could come over for dinner next Friday?"

"That would be great, I promised Rey that I would make up for her missing the book signing, I've been waiting for you to have another one."

"Yeah, I wasn't really comfortable with the crowds. I only agreed to it to raise money for the orphanage and because I wanted to meet Rey. But I thought it would be better if I met her at more personal occasion. I think I would probably freeze if I met her at the book signing, especially because I was already nervous."

Miss Holdo laughed. "Rey's been in love with you since the first time she read your book, I recognized the look in her eyes every time she got a letter from you. I thought that it was just a really big crush, but now that I hear you talk about her, I can tell that you love her too."

"Yes...I ...I do," I have no idea why I feel so nervous, but this is the first time I've admitted it to anyone besides Rey or my uncle.

"Does Rey know that you're coming?"

"Yes...well sort of, I told her that I would call you and ask if I could come to visit."

"I know that she must be excited. Well, I have to go three new kids are coming to the orphanage today," she said.

"Best of luck."

"Thank you, see you Friday," she answered.

"Okay, goodbye," I said.

"Goodbye," she said and I hung up then let out the breath that I didn't realize that I was holding.

I found myself daydreaming about the thought of meeting Rey for the first time. I couldn't stop thinking about it, I wondered how she looked and what she was like in person. More than anything I just don't want to disappoint her.

I pulled myself from my thoughts and went to go tell my uncle everything that had happened. I was so excited, I needed someone to talk to and he was the only here, besides I'm sure he would be excited too (unfortunately,) there's no telling what he will come up with to tease me about it.

I went into the living room where my uncle was sitting.

"Guess what Uncle Luke."

"You won a trip to New Zealand?" he asked without looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

"No even better, I'm going to go meet Rey next Friday," I replied.

"That's great! Where are you going to meet her at?"

"At the Nimma Orphanage where she lives, she invited me to dinner."

"I didn't know that she lived at the Nimma Orphanage, if I did I would have put you in my car and took you there and made you tell her how you felt in person."

"I'm not sure that I would have had the courage to do that. Uncle Luke...do you...do you think that she'll be disappointed?" I asked, worried.

"Why would she be disappointed?" he asked.

I sat down on the couch next to him and put my head in my hands. "Because I'm not good enough for her."

"Yes you are, you've got my good looks, your mother's spirit and your father's heart, what more could she want?"

I looked at him doubtfully.

He sighed. "Ben, she loves you. She chose you over everyone else, I'm pretty sure that means that she thinks you're more than just 'good enough,' she must think that you're very special, and she's right. You want her to be happy, right?"

"Yes, of course," I replied.

"Do you think she would be happy if you ended this relationship with her just because you didn't think that you deserve her?"

"Well, no. But..."

"If you love her, you should let her decide what's not good enough for her."

I nodded. "I guess you're right."

"I am and I'm not letting you get out of meeting her either, if I have to I'll put you in the trunk and drive you there," he said stubbornly.

"That won't be necessary, Uncle Luke. I am nervous and a little scared, but at the same time I've never been so excited in my life."