Year One| 4

Rey's Point Of View

~~~The Next Day~~~

I stayed up really late last night reading my book, and I'm super tired this morning... but it was worth it. I finished the book, and it was definitely my new favorite. I wanted to read it again right away. It's one of those stories that stick with you for the rest of your life.

I dress and got ready for school in a hurry, I slept late so I didn't have much time. Luckily, Poe drove us to school since he got a car, so I didn't have to worry about missing the bus, but I didn't want to make everybody else late. I ran outside and jumped into the car as quickly as possible.

"I'm sorry I'm late this morning."

Poe looked at me through the review mirror. "Let me guess, you stayed up late last night reading the new book?"

"Yep! And I finished it."

"Wow, that was fast," Finn seemed surprised.

"I couldn't put it down, it's my new favorite book!"

"That good?" Finn asked.

I nodded. "You have to read it."

"What was it about?" Rose asked.

"It was a sci-fi fantasy story, with epic ship battles and laser sword fights. I hope that the author writes more books."

"Who wrote it?" Finn asked.

I pulled the book out of my bag. "Ben Solo," I flipped to the author's note. "The author's note says that this is his first published book. It's the best thing I've ever read, I wish that I could meet him."

"Maybe you could write him?" Rose suggested. "Is there an address?"

I flip through the book and finally I find his mailing address. "Yes. Do you really think I should write him?"

Rose nodded. "Yes, this is his first book and I'm sure that he would be glad to know that someone enjoyed it and wants him to write more books, besides you said that it's your favorite book, you should tell the author."

"I don't know Rose, I'm sure he gets lots of letters and why would he care if one orphan girl likes his book?"

"But what if you are the only fan he has?" Rose asked.

"Fine, I'll do it. Besides... he's probably too busy to reply, so it's not like I'll have to receive some letter saying that I've waisted his time."

"Exactly, and you won't have to face him. That's the good thing about writing letters," said Rose.