Year Two| 2

Ben's Point Of View

I looked through the stack of unopened envelopes, most of them were bills or junk mail, addressed to my uncle. Finally I found an envelope addressed to me. My eyes lit up as I recognized Rey's handwriting. I took the rest of the mail to my uncle's study and placed it on his desk.

I shook my head, my uncle didn't even look up from his work as I placed the stack of envelope on his desk. I watched him for a moment, then turned to leave.

I went to my room, tearing the envelope open and reading the letter.

~💌~

Dear Ben,

Thank you so much for sending me the first copy of your new book! And even more for dedicating it to me, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I've already read half of it since I got it this morning, I can't put it down. By the time you receive this letter, I will probably have the whole book finished.

This is the best book I've ever read. I can't wait to see how it ends.

~ your friend, Rey

~💌~

I smiled at her signature, normally she signs: "your number one fan, Rey" I'm glad that she loves my books, but her friendship is more valuable to me.

I sit down to reply to her letter, there are so many things I want to ask her. I want to make sure that she liked the book, especially because I wrote it for her.

Rey's Point Of View

I read the last page of "Rewrite The Stars" then I closed the book. I smiled for a moment, thinking about the end of the book. Then I sighed and stood up, I wanted to read the book again, but I had promised Finn and Rose that I would let them read it as soon as I was done.

I stood up and went over to where Finn was sitting on the couch, taking to Rose, Poe and Paige.

Finn looked up at me. "Did you finish it?"

I nodded.

"How was it?"

"Amazing," I replied excitedly. Then I held the book out to him.

He reached out to take it.

"Just be careful with it," I told him.

"I will," he answered and I gave it to him.

"Do you want to read it with me, Rose?" Finn asked.

She nodded and snuggled close to him to share the book.

I smiled as I watched them.