Year One| 3

Rey's Point of View

We returned to the only home we have: The Nimma Orphanage. I finished my homework quickly, I probably won't get a good score since I was in such a hurry, but I can't stop thinking about the book I got from the library. I have to know what happens next... it's driving me insane.

I begin reading and lose all sense of time as I get lost into the far away world. The characters are relatable and likable, I especially like Anakin because he like me came from nowhere, from a humble beginning, yet he was chosen. I'm already halfway through the book, when Rose comes in to find me sitting on my bed with my nose in a book. Paige, Rose and I all share a room. Thankfully we're all friends and don't fight often.

"Dinner's ready. You don't want to keep Miss Holdo waiting," she said.

I nodded, marked my place in my book, then closed it. I get up and we both leave the room. Miss Holdo is usually pretty nice, but she can be pretty impatient and grumpy at times, it was never a good idea to keep her waiting.

We come to the dining room and take a sit at the large table with Finn, Poe, Paige, and Miss Holdo. Last year, there were two younger children, but they found a home. People are always eager to adopt young children, sadly few people want to adopt teenagers. And no one ever wanted me when I was younger... though I was slightly grateful for it since I'm still waiting for my parents to come back.

"You're late," Miss Holdo said, sounding slightly annoyed.

"I'm sorry, Miss Holdo I got caught up in..." I was about to say 'a book I checked out from the library,' when Rose interrupted.

"Her homework, high school is a lot harder than elementary school," she said.

I sighed in relief, I had forgotten that I sometimes got in trouble for being tardy because of pleasure reading, homework on the other hand was required, we couldn't eat dinner until it was finished.

Holdo nodded. "Did you get finished?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, let's eat before it gets cold."

Author's note: I apologize for the short chapters, but I'm afraid that this story will have a lot of short chapters, as it's meant to be written almost like entries in a diary or journal, which can be long or short depending upon the day.

~ LadyArwenEvenStar