Year One | 5

Rey's Point Of View

Later that day, after school, I finished my homework, then I pulled out a blank piece of paper and pen. I stared at empty sheet for a moment, before I began writing a letter to my new favorite author.

~💌~

Dear Ben Solo,

I just finished reading your book "The Starlight Chronicles: Phantom," I absolutely loved it, it is without a doubt my favorite book.

Are you planning on writing more books, because I'm certainly waiting for more. I would love a sequel to The Phantom! Anakin is my favorite fictional character and I'm really excited to see how he will be when he grows up. And I know that he loves Padme, and I think that she loves him too deep down.

I'm sorry if I disturbed you, I know you probably receive a lot of letters from fans, and I know you're probably too busy to reply... but I would be very happy if you do.

Sincerely, your number one fan, Rey

~💌~

It was a pretty short letter, but I didn't know what to say and I couldn't help but feel that I was interrupting, that he wouldn't have time to read my letter... especially if I wrote a long one.

I reread the letter, then folded it and put it in an envelope, sealing it. I addressed the envelope and placed a stamp in the top corner.

I sat the envelope aside to mail in the morning.

~~~The Next Morning~~~

Finn, Rose and I walked out to the mailbox. I opened it and began to place the letter inside, but I hesitated. "Are you sure I should do this?"

"Yes," they both answered.

I took a deep breath and began putting the envelope in the mailbox, but I stopped, feeling nervous I'd never written a letter to an author before. "I'm not sure..."

Rose looked at Finn, then they both nodded. My brow furrowed as I wondered what they were up to. The next thing I knew, Rose ran towards me and snatched the envelope from my hand, placing it in the mailbox, then she slammed the door shut.

Finn grabbed my arm, holding it tightly. "And don't even think about taking it back out," he said.

"Fine, but only if you promise to read the book," I handed him the library book, which I was planning on returning today, but it's not due for another week and a half and I can always recheck it out.

Finn smiled. "I promise," he said.