Year Two|26

Rey's Point Of View

I sat down at my computer to write Ben. I know that I just saw him and that I was going to see him tomorrow, but I wanted to write him anyway. I suppose that's one reason that I know I love him, I want to talk to him every chance that I get. I just hope that I'm not annoying him. More than that I hope that I was right to kiss him so soon, he seemed to enjoy it but I couldn't help but worry that I had rushed him.

Rey:
Ben, I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I miss you already.

Ben:
I miss you too sweetheart ❤️

Rey:
I'm sorry if I was a little impulsive about kissing you, I was just so happy to finally see you and I love you so much I felt that I didn't have the words to express it.

Ben:
Don't apologize, that was one of the best moments of my life. I was a little embarrassed to tell you this before, but that was my first kiss.

Rey:
Don't be embarrassed, that was my first kiss too. I was saving my first kiss for someone special, I wanted to give it to you.

Ben:
So was I ❤️
Was it as wonderful as you imagined?

Rey:
No, it was far more wonderful than I had ever imagined.

Ben:
It was for me too.
I'll try not to kiss you in front of your friends, I don't want to embarrass you.

Rey:
That's okay Ben, it won't embarrass me. They know how much I love you.

~That Night~

I sat on the shore of a lake, looking out at horizon. The view was beautiful, the sunshine glistened on the crystal clear water. I usually don't like being alone because it reminds of when my parents left me, but right now I feel calm... at peace and all I can seem to think about is Ben.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see him. He came over and sat down beside me.

"It's beautiful here," I said.

He looked out at the horizon and nodded.

"I wish that we could stay here forever."

"Me too," he answered.

I smiled at him, then reached over to take his hand.

I felt his hand gently squeeze mine as he smiled at me.

My heart rushed, that smile, it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. When he smiled like that it made me feel so happy inside, it felt like he was beginning to fill the emptiness in my heart that my parents had left. There would always be a scar on my heart, but he had filled my heart with love, not just for him but for my friends, for my life.

I think that deep down I was angry with God because my parents left, but now I realize that God has given me so much, friends who are as wonderful as any family, Miss Holdo... Ben, and Ben helped me see that.

Still the scars of childhood haunted me and even though he had promised that he wouldn't, I was still afraid that he would leave me. I know that he loves me, but so did my parents...or I think they did, I don't really remember anything about them except the day they left. It had broken my heart but I think that if Ben left me my heart would be shattered beyond all hope of repair. I had always longed to find someone who truly loved me, I think that deep down everyone does, but I had promised myself that I would never fall in love because I couldn't lose anyone else. But I love Ben enough to break that promise, enough to risk my heart.

I slid closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He was worth it to me, he was worth everything to me.

I opened my eyes, it was just a dream, a beautiful, wonderful dream. I smiled, he was right I did see him in my dreams and I hoped that I always would.

Ben's Point Of View

~The Next Day~

I combed my hair for the second time, I have no idea why I'm so nervous, I already met her yesterday. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I feel nervous and excited all at the same time, I can't wait to see her again.

I went to find my uncle, so that I could tell him that I was about to leave.

I came into the living room and found him watching tv.

"I'm about to leave, Uncle Luke."

He turned to look at me. "Excited for your first date?"

"Well, it's not exactly a date, I'm just having dinner with her and her friends," I answered.

"Sounds like fun, remember to ask her out before you leave, otherwise I know you will start to miss her and I'll have to make you pancakes every morning just to cheer you up."

"Don't worry, Uncle Luke, I will."

"Good, because I would love to meet her. She sounds like a sweet girl by the way you talk about her," he said.

"Don't worry, I'll let you meet her soon, Uncle."

I combed my fingers through my hair for the fifth time and adjusted my shirt again. "Um... how do I look?"

"You look great, son," he replied.

"Thank you Uncle Luke."

Rey's Point Of View

I found myself pacing back and forth as I waited for Ben to arrive. It seemed that the longer I waited the more nervous I became. Why am I so nervous? I've already met him.

I took a deep breath and went over to the mirror again. I smoothed out my long tan blouse, trying to decide again if I was overdressed for the occasion or underdressed... I tried to pick something that was nice but not too formal, but I really have no idea what I am doing. This is my first date, not just with Ben but with anyone. I wondered if I should change into a dress, I did want to look nice for him.

Paige came in and I decided to ask her opinion.

"Paige, do you think that I should wear something nicer?"

"I think you look beautiful, just remember that the most important thing is to be yourself and if he really loves you for who you are, then that will make him happy," Paige answered.

"You're right, thank you Paige," I replied.

She smiled. "Anything for my baby sister."

I hugged her, I was really going to miss her when she leaves.