Year Two| 27

Rey's Point Of View

It was almost time for Ben to come, so I went to the living room to wait for him. Finn and Rose were waiting too. They were excited to finally meet him, they were almost as big fans of his books as I am.

Finally, I heard someone knock on the door. I jumped up excitedly and went to open the door.

My heart leapt as I saw Ben standing there. I hugged him a little awkwardly as he was trying to hold a box.

"I missed you," he whispered.

"I missed you too," I answered.

"What's in the box?" I asked as we broke the hug.

He smiled, "you'll see."

I smiled back, then I stepped aside so that he could come in. "Come in."

He stepped inside.

"Ben, these are my friends Finn and Rose," I said.

Finn could barely contain his excitement. "I'm a huge fan of your books," he said shaking Ben's hand. "I'm your biggest fan." He looked at me. "Well, your second biggest fan."

Ben smiled. "Rey talks about you a lot in her letters, she says that you basically her brother."

Finn nodded. "Me and Rey grew up together since we were pretty young."

He pulled Rose who seemed a little shy about meeting a famous author, forward. "This is my girlfriend, we read your books together," Finn said.

Rose waved a little shyly. "Hi."

Ben smiled. "Hi."

"I'll go get the others," Rose said.

I nodded.

"You look different than I expected," Finn said.

Ben gave him a questioning look.

"I was expecting you to look more like George McFly or Harry Potter, but you more like one of the Jedi Knights from your book," Finn said.

I shook my head, a little embarrassed but Ben just laughed.

Just then, Rose returned with Paige, Poe and the three younger kids.

"This is Paige, Rose's sister. And Poe, Finn's best friend...sort of the big brother of our group," I introduced them each. "And these are your newest fans, Temiri, Oniho and Arashell."

"Did you really write The Starlight Chronicles?" Temiri asked.

Ben nodded. "I have something for each of you," he pulled three copies of his books out of the box. "I signed them just for you."

Temiri, Arashell, and Oniho looked at the books in amazement.

Finn hung his head in disappointment.

"I have a copy for all of you," Ben said handing out copies of his book.

Finn's eyes lit up. "Thank you."

"The publishing company gave me some extra copies to give to my friends, but I didn't have any friends so I thought that I would give them to all of you," Ben answered.

"Did you sign them?" Finn asked.

Ben nodded.

"Awesome," Finn replied.

Miss Holdo came in. "Hi Ben."

"Hello Miss Holdo, thank you for letting me come over."

She nodded. "Of course. Dinner is ready."

Everyone began to hurry towards the dining room.

"You look beautiful," he whispered when everyone had left the room.

I blushed. "Thank you." I reached down and took his hand, then led him to the dining room.

I sat down in an empty chair and gestured for him to sit down next to me.

Miss Holdo came in with a serving dish that held spaghetti.

"This is delicious," Ben said when we had all began to eat.

"Thank you," Miss Holdo replied.

"So, Ben when is your next book coming out?" Finn asked.

"Soon," Ben replied. "I'm almost done writing it."

I could barely contain my excitement. "I can't wait to read it."

He smiled at me.

"Do they defeat Darth Sidious? Does it have a happy ending?" Finn asked, jumping from one question to another.

"All I can say is that it won't go the way you think," Ben replied.

"What kind of answer is that?" Finn asked.

"The kind that keeps from spoiling the book," Ben replied calmly.

"You don't really want to be spoiled, do you Finn?" I asked.

He sighed. "I guess not."

"So what do you like to do besides writing?" Rose asked.

"I like calligraphy...which is still technically writing," Ben shook his head as if embarrassed. He's so cute sometimes. "And I really like fencing, I used to compete when I was at boarding school."

"I didn't know that," I said.

"I never thought to mention it, I was so excited to finally have someone to talk to about books," he replied.

"Is that why you're so good at describing the sword fighting scenes?" I asked.

"I did pick up a lot of things from fencing," he replied. "But I'm not that good at describing fight scenes."

"Ben, stop being so modest. You're a wonderful writer."

Finn and Rose nodded in agreement.

He blushed. "Thank you, so are you."

"Well the only thing that I've ever written is a fan fiction, I've never come up with an original story," I answered. "I mean technically you did all of the hard work."

"But you're still a good writer, and I really like your ideas. I would really like to write the next book with you."

I smiled, it would be a dream come true to write a book with him and the best part would be that we would get to spend a lot of time together.

"So there's going to be another book?" Finn asked.

Ben nodded. "I'm planning one anyway."

"Yay, I can't wait," said Rose.