3.8

The creature let loose a screech, sharp spider-like legs cracking the ice under it. It's scaled body screeched against the ice, leaving deep groves into the walls. It's yellowed fangs flashed, a strange mucus substance coating it's mouth but didn't fall like slobber would. It's  two stories tall body tensed, eight red eyes honing in with bare aggression.

Renshu took one look and immediately bolted. Renshu's AI body was meant for infiltration, not combat. While he could fight off a couple of Zerg's at the same time, he was not meant for heavy damage.

Renshu didn't look to see if Mer was following, as he raced down the tunnel, repeatedly cursing in his mind.

"Rein Nett! How do I get rid of that thing!"

[Host, that creature will not stop until the intruders have perished or it is frozen back into the ice.]

"Why would the Zerg keep a creature that would attack them? That's stupid!"

[They probably thought no Zerg was idiotic enough to break the ice.]

"What are you trying to say?!" Renshu yelled out loud, desperately trying to keep his balance as each step the creature made cracked the ice and made it shake.

"If this keeps up, other creatures might escape." Renshu thought helplessly.

"Xadon." Mer suddenly appeared on Renshu's right, face calm as the creature let out another shriek.

"What?" Renshu yelled back over the blasts of cracking ice.

"I studied the creatures enclosed. They go by terrain. After we pass 23 creatures, the 24th will be a Xadon. It's the natural predator of the Swivlan." Mer explained as if they weren't about to get impaled.

"You want to bust another one out?! What if they tag team us?"

[Renshu, go right!]

Renshu dove right as the Swivlan's leg pierced the ice he was standing on.

Renshu's heart jump and with a burst of adrenaline, burst forward, wanting to be anywhere else but the path only went straight without a crook or a nanny to hid in.

[Host, it might not be a bad thing. If you release another creature, it might take the change its focus.]

"We won't make it!" Renshu stated desperately.

"F*ck this world! System, take me out! TAKE ME OUT!"

[Are you sure? Your soul could be damaged in the process.]

"Do I look like I'm joking!?"

[I'll begin the process but it takes time. Hang in there, Host!]

"F*ck, f*ck, f*ck!" Renshu chanted out loud.

Mer grabbed Renshu's arm, pulling him to a stop.

"What are you doing?!" Renshu twisted, geared up to rip Mer's face off when the AI swung him back towards the Swilvan.

"Noooooooooo!" Renshu screamed, fear gripping his chest. Shock, despair, and rage all vyed to take over as Renshu snarled, voice cracking. "You bastard! I'll kill you!"

However, Mer didn't let go like Renshu expected. Instead, he kept swinging Renshu into a half-circle, picking up momentum and throwing Renshu forward.

Renshu flew through the air, shock freezing his limbs so he fell like a ragdoll and skidded across the ice.

Renshu pushed himself up with shaky arms, lifting his head. Through a curtain of hair, Renshu watched as the Swivlan pierced through Mer's torso, a screech of triumph echoing off the ice walls.