5.11

Renshu woke up to find Macey fast asleep beside him. Their bodies were entwined, and Renshu could feel the comforting rhythm of Macey's heartbeat against his own.

Rein Nett? Renshu called out in his mind.

There was no answer.

Renshu pressed his lips together, burying his head into Macey's chest.

"REnshu?" His sleepy voice whispered.

Renshu stiffened and pulled away, trying to hide his flushed eyes. "You're awake. Get ready, we need to meet everyone at the barrier."

REnshu could hear Macey stretching behind him. "Mmm, okay."

Renshu got up, leaving and ignoring Maceys confused calls behind him.

Renshu left the room, leaving Macey with his confused calls. He walked into the kitchen and found the tiny three-inch cube Arya had worked so hard to create. It was meant to be implanted inside him, but now...

Renshu pocketed it, turning around as Macey came down the stairs, his black meeting his.

"Let's pick up breakfast on the way," Renshu suggested.

Macey frowned, coming up and stroking Renshu's hair back. "Talk to me. What's wrong?"

Renshu backed away, pulling his hand away but kept it in his grasp. "It's nothing, I-"

"It's not nothing." Macey insisted. "Tell me. What's wrong?"

Renshu stared at him, torn between opening up and keeping his feelings locked away. He let out a sigh. "I don't—" he paused, searching for the right words. "I don't know how to say it."

Macey, stared, waiting.

REnshu sighed, "Forget it. You wouldn't know."

"How do you know?"

Renshu hesitated, feeling the weight of his emotions pressing down on him. "You just wouldn't," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of bitterness.

"Renshu-"

"I don't want to hear it!" Renshu shouted, resisting the urge to him hi before spinning towards the door. His palms were sweaty as he opened the door.

"REnshu!" Virus Macey came up behind him, but Renshu ignored him, getting into the disgustingly familiar taxi waiting for him.

"I don't want to hear it!" Renshu suddenly shouted, pushing Macey away, his heart pounding in his chest. Without waiting for a response, Renshu spun towards the door, his palms sweaty as he fumbled to open it.

"Renshu!" Virus Macey called after him, but Renshu ignored him, determined to get away. He hailed a disgustingly familiar taxi waiting nearby.

"I don't want to hear it!" Renshu snarled, slamming the taxi door shut.

Renshu turned his head away as Virus Macey entered the taxi and told the driver the directions, The ride was tense and silent as they pulled out of the driveway.

"Renshu—" Virus Macey began, but Renshu cut him off, his voice cracking with emotion. "I don't want to hear it."

Virus Macey slowly pulled Renshu's head towards his shoulder, and surprisingly, Renshu didn't resist.

"I know it's hard." Virus Macey said. "But refusing to acknowledge the truth doesn't make it any less real. It only makes it harder to bear. The sooner you accept the truth, the sooner you can learn to live with it."