1.8

"Congratulations, Manager."

Renshu smiled, thanking the woman in front of him. The few others in the break room overheard and also offered their congrats, sadness diluting their words.

Still, Renshu accepted them happily. The promotion to Marketing Manager gave him the pay he needed. Little Aunties, Savior Renshu is on his way.

"-found last week in Hathoway Park. The man was posed on the bench, throat slit, and clothes drenched in blood. Investigations are underway-" Someone grabbed the remote, quickly turning it off. A few employees went pale, some tearing up.

Smile growing brighter, Renshu took a bite of his muffin and left the breakroom, leaving behind the whispers erupting behind him.

With a bounce in his step, Renshu gave a few passersby nods as he made way to his new office. Encased in glass walls, it gave a feeling of seclusion yet open to others. It was nice and spacious, the desk shiny with only a few nicks and just sitting in the chair made Renshu let out a sigh.

Marcus splurged on the chair and it was worth it.

Waking up the computer, Renshu just opened a document when his phone vibrated. Glancing down, 'Let's grab lunch at the Café' greeted him.

After a quick confirmation, Renshu turned back to the screen, mentally psyching himself up to start working. I must try to make this job last. After all, I don't actually know what I am doing. Surprised they haven't fired me yet. Is this place run by idiots? Whatever, it works for me, keep giving me the money!

**************

                Taking the seat across from Idan, Renshu pushed the hot cup already waiting for him away. Yeah, ain't risking it.

"So," Renshu began after ordering himself a new hot chocolate and a dozen cream-filled donuts. "Who's next?"

Idan paused, his golden eyes churning darkly. "You already got your promotion. Why would you keep helping me?"

Renshu scoffed. "Because you need me. Do you want to make a statement? You want to remain uncaptured? Learn from a guy who has years of experience."

Idan's nails pressed tightly against his cup, leaving marks. Years? How long has Renshu been killing people?

"But why help me?" Idan insisted again. He leaned forward, hanging onto any word that would fall from Renshu's pale pink lips.

Like a little disciple.

Immediately Renshu trashed that thought. No, he is just a tool. Without him, the only places I can travel to are work, the store, and home thanks to the Yellow Brick Road restriction. I need him to be able to bypass that. Keeping a straight face, Renshu shrugged. "Maybe I want to see people like us win for once."

"People like us?"

Renshu smiled, grabbing Idan's hand and squeezing. Villains. "Heroes."

Idan's froze. "Hero?"

Nodding, Renshu explained, "You are keeping bad people from doing any more bad things. Isn't that what heroes do?"

Slowly, Idan nodded, a look of intoxication flushing his cheeks. "Hero."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Little Ditto here!

Sorry for the super short chapter. Life is pushing me to get stuff done I've been putting off but I thought to at least update, even if it's little. Not much happening but at least hope you enjoy.