1.10

The Doctor's House was an exciting, fun club for all classes. The first floor was the dance floor and common bar, full of colorful drinks in the back corner, contests took place every Friday for a chance for free drinks that night. The DJ happily hyped up the crowd on stage as lights poured onto the writhing bodies, splashing the dark walls with colors. But that's not where Renshu was.

He was on the second floor, where the private rooms were. Balancing the tray of drinks on one hand, Renshu weaved his way to the last door.

After losing the boring job, the fox needed some cash. This place was his number one choice this month for an obvious reason.

Knocking politely, Renshu opened the door to see a brunette girl hunched over a fruity drink. Two men sat beside her, dressed casually as they took turns consoling her. Shaking her head at something one of them said, tears erupted from her eyes.

Little victim number five, Ashley, was having a ball.

Setting the drinks down in front of her, Renshu cleared his throat. Red-rimmed eyes peered up and the fox smiled gently. "Is the little miss, alright?"

Ashley's eyes stared deeply into his before she finally relaxed. "I'm fine."

"Little miss, here, drink." Renshu pushed her drink closer with his fingertips. "Alcohol is good for forgetting those who spurned you."

A bitter laugh burst from her lips, but she took a sip.

Watching Ashley drink made Renshu's lips twitch as he bowed and turned to leave. Through the doorway, Idan was peering down below at the dance floor, waiter uniform speckled with colors from the lights. Feeling Renshu's gaze, he peered over his shoulder, eyes lit up as he cocked his head in question.

Renshu smiled for the answer. Shutting the door, the fox headed over, pushing the tray into Idans arms.

Idan smiled. "How long?"

"30 minutes until the drug kicks in. We need to get those men out first- "

"Hey!" A soft voice called out.

Ashely peered out at Renshu from the private room, a wobbly smile on her face. "Can you keep me company for a while?" Her voice was shaky. Clearing her throat, she continued, "I'll pay you."

Exchanging a look with Idan, Renshu smiled. "Sure."

The fox patted Idan's shoulder. "I'll get her alone, as usual. You wait here."

"Renshu?" Idan blinked at the tired tone of voice.

He waved it off. "It's nothing. Just getting a little boring, right?"

After all, with that 'halo' System said you had, it's always smooth sailing for you. Plus, the Rank isn't rising. This is going downhill. We need to make a change. This way isn't working anymore. Idan is starting to lose his usefulness.

Idan startled, casted a panicked look at Renshu that he missed entirely.

Gliding over to her, Renshu put on a winning smile. "Being able to accompany the little miss would be my pleasure."

She opened the door wider and hurried back to her seat. Glancing at the brooding gaze of Idan, Renshu smirked before shutting the door. Making his way over, Renshu paused at the tense atmosphere and watched Ashley huddle against the seat, visibly trembling. The two men beside her stood up, bodies taunt and vigilant.

Hearing the lock clicked behind me, Renshu cursed. Someone must have been hiding outside.

Just keep smiling. "What's wrong, little miss?"

Ashley flinched, glanced toward the table between them before she buried her face back against the seat.

Raising his eyebrows, Renshu followed Ashley's gaze, finding a small thumb-sized token by her drink. The middle was wet, and the bold word DRUG was written in top.

Is that a drug test?

Smile twitching, Renshu sized up the two men who stood up.

"You are under arrest. Lay on the floor and put your hands behind your back." The guy on the left shouted so loud Renshu's eardrums shook. The officer held up his badge.

A setup.

Why now? This shouldn't happen until later. So why now?

"System, this isn't what the plot said!"

[Host, you have long derailed the original plot. Therefore, information retaining to this world is no longer completely accurate.]

"You couldn't have told me that sooner?!"

[...Sorry.]

The door behind Renshu erupted into a flurry of desperate knocks.

"Renshu? Renshu! What's going on?"

Idan? Shit.

Spinning around, Renshu lunged at Ashley. The policemen were distracted by the knocks, giving him enough time to wrap his hands around her throat.

Ashely's scream cut off, turning into gurgling as she franticly clawed at Renshu's arms.

"Die for you sins!" Renshu snarled past the stinging pain, right before the policeman on the right tackled him. Hooking his fingers into claws, Renshu latched onto the skin on her neck and with his supernatural strength, ripped Ashely's throat open.

Or at least, he tried to. 

Just as latched on, one of the policemen grabbed Ashely and pulled her back. 

Blood splashed them and with a roar of fury, a policeman reached out for the fox. Renshu tried to avoid it but the man caught his hair, throwing Renshu backwards. Screeching, the fox wildly tried to free himself only to get his head slammed down against the carpeted concrete.

Again.

And again.

Vision swimming, Renshu watched the other policeman scream for backup. Renshu's chuckles were interrupted with another head slam and with a crack, everything went dark.