2.7

Renshu could feel himself swaying, back and forth as large hands held his middle tightly. His body was numb, unable to move a single appendage. Eyesight flickering black and light, he could barely make out the face in front of him as he was lifted.

Bulbous nose.

Darkness.

Crooked yellow teeth.

Darkness.

A ring on each finger.

Darkness.

A low and raspy laugher, practically light with glee but just like his sight, Renshu's hearing was going out. "Good find...coin...op."

[Host!] The voice was clear as it blasted into his foggy head. It was anxious and yet supportive at the same time.

Renshu wanted to answer, wanted to move but it felt like leeches were sucking the very life out of him. He was barely able to stay awake let alone form a thought.

[Host, don't worry! You are going to be fine but we don't have much time. The man you found you put in a withered mouse heart so you are conscious but not for long. Listen, I am not letting you face the scary oblivion again. You know, the one you go to when your heart is taken out? Host? I am stimulating your mind so your consciousness goes into your memories instead. Host, can you hear me? Your thinking what a good System I am, right?! Praise me when you get better! For now, just sleep a little longer.]

The very thought of sleeping again had Renshu going back under into the past.

********************

"Oh! And that, we have to try that!" Renshu bounced around under the colorful lanterns, bathing in a bloody glow. People dressed in fine kimonos passed by, waving their fans gently to ease the night heat. Children laughed and ducked under people's legs, munching on the treats sold by the nearby stands and clutching a toy they won.

Music played in the distance but the fox still tried to dance to it, bumping into pedestrians without care. Glares and scoffs were thrown his way as the crowded parted for him. A few people opened their mouths to scold or argue but one look into Renshu's slitted pupils or malicious smile, had them silenced.

A boy followed silently behind him, holding the trinkets and treats Renshu bought for himself. Not once did he take for himself, instead of living as a walking shopping cart.

Finishing the last candy in his hand, Renshu reached out for another. Popping it into his mouth, the burst of sweetness almost made him moan. Eyes sparkling as his head swiveled around wildly, taking in the sights.

"I heard a play is going to start soon. Should we go to that? Or-or we could catch a goldfish!" Shoving more food in his mouth, Renshu skipped around, energy overflowing with each step, before glancing at the silent boy behind him.

The boy never spoke except when necessary. It was fine though as Renshu talked enough for the both of them.

It had been a few weeks now since they started traveling together. The boy's wounds were healing nicely, along with gaining a few pounds. No longer was he a dirty mess but had silky long hair and clear dark eyes. His robe was slightly loose, recent red scars scouring his chest. The boy's dantian was still missing but with the help of a terrified healer, a couple of threats and a hostage, the boy's dantian was replaced with something else. Something to help him cultivate his spiritual qi but still keep the little bugger under Renshu's thumb. Can't have the boy betraying him.

Taking in the silent boy, he turned back around and continued. "You know, if you aren't going to give me your name, I will name you. Grumpy? Mute Boy? Mr.Boring? Scruffles? Go ahead and chime in if you hear one you like." Peeking back at the boy, eager or a change of expression, Renshu felt his heart stop.

The sulking boy's whole body was sliced up into cubes, no blood at the seams but his whole body was splayed and glitching. Some of the blocks were 1D, flat and dyed in solid colors before glitching back to normal.

Renshu stared with wide eyes, taking a step back. Memories slammed into Renshu's head-his death, Rein Nett, the Witcher.

That's right, this is his memory of his original world.

Hatred burned in Renshu's heart as he stared at the boy but the more pressing question was- what was happening? These glitches, what's wrong with his memory?

Renshu watched warily as the boy in jerky twitching motions, walked up towards him. Extending his fisted hand, the boy revealed an empty syringe with the needle tip coated in rotted blood.

Renshu stared at it, face paling in sick recognition, memories flooded his mind, one standing vividly was the moment this syringe pierced his flesh and ended his life.

Idan.

"Where did you get that?" Renshu whispered, shaky hand reaching out. As soon as he touched it, the world around him shook. Pieces of the sky started to fall in cubes, shattering into showers of sparks as they hit the floor.

ERROR

ERROR

VIRUS DETECTED

PREPARING TO SHUT DOWN...

Shut down?!

Renshu panicked before staring at the boy-no Idan who was standing right in front of him. With a snarl, Renshu leaped on him.

"If I am going to die in here, die with me, you bastard!"

Their bodies slammed into each other, sprawling them on the floor. The glitches grew more sporadic as Idan wrapped his arms around Renshu.

"I've missed you."

Shrieking, Renshu clawed at the man's faces, feeling his claws dig deep into the pervert's face but no wounds showed.

"Let go of me! Why won't you leave me alone?!"

Idan laughed, holding him tighter.

[SHUTTING DOWN...3...]

"I'll find you..." Idan promised.

Renshu ignored the bastard's words. "Waitwaitwait! I'm still here! Shutting down what? The world? You can't do that! System! Syst-"

***

REBOOTING...

SCANNING FOR VIRUS....

...SCAN COMPLETE

NO VIRUS DETECTED

REBOOTING [REIN NETT]...

COMPLETE

REBOOTING [R78%*N#&6@*]

.....ER[COMPLETE]

WELCOME BACK TO [RED-MARKED PRINCE]

WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note: Update!! yay!  Any questions? Comments? Helpful advice is always welcome!