2.8

[Host? Host! Please wake up! Wuwuwu...Please, please be okay.]

Renshu slowly came back to consciousness. The darkness slowly receded from his eyes. The walls were a pale yellow that may have once been white with seams breaking along the corner. Directly ahead of Renshu was a glass case that seconded as a counter, so foggy with dust you could only see the barest hint f a silhouette of what was in there. Surrounding that desk were dozens of dusty shelves lining the walls and making halls. They were overflowing with knickknacks of all shapes and colors: swords, carpets, clothes, trinkets, hairpins, shoes, toys, and him, staring out a glass case. Renshu could feel his body suspended upright, looking as if he was standing on his own two feet even though a suffocating sense of weakness ate at him. He could barely focus, let alone stand.

"System, where am I?"

[Host! Wuwu-I thought you were dead! ]

"I've been dead." Renshu retorted calmly.

[...] I was really worried, you know!

[A merchant found you. He displayed you in this store. It was only recently he decided to place a cockroach heart in you.]

"How long have I been in the store?"

[....2 1/2 years, Host.]

2 1/2 years?

"What happened to that kid? Eli?"

[I'm not sure, Host. The rebooting messed up the connection to the Source. Please wait while I work to fix this.]

As Renshu waited for the system he noticed a strange familiar weight on the base of a spine.

No.

It couldn't be.

Renshu desperately struggled to tilt his head over his shoulder, catching a glimpse of a fluffy white appendage. Renshu's mouth dropped open with a clack. His eyes widened as he stared at that beautiful sparkly white tail. Hearts practically surrounded them in their own personal bubble. Joy burst through his chest and maniacal laughter resounded in his head.

"My tail! One of my tails! Oh, my beautiful perfect tail. Wuwuwu system system! Look its back! One of my beautiful tails is back!"

Rein Nett seemed to freeze up, disbelief shocking its code. [How? I mean, good for you Renshu.] That should not be possible.

....[Running diagnostic]

[Sending results to Creator....]

[ERROR]

[MESSAGE FAILED]

"So? Did you find anything yet?"

[I'm sorry, Host. I seem to be running into trouble connecting with the source and my Creator. I'll keep trying but if I am unable to connect it is better if we leave this world.]

"Why?"

[Without the connection to the source I am unable to gather data on the plot, track your tasks, among the other things. It will be much harder for us to get a rank 10. I'm not even sure if you do complete the task and we do get a rank 10, that we would be safely ejected out. It would be much better to abandon it and face possible damage going to a new world since this isn't your original World anyway.]

Renshu thought about it for a moment before shrugging. Though he wasn't willing to leave Elijah alone the thought of getting his revenge overtook that speck of concern. This wasn't his home world he had no reason to try to fix it if he wasn't going to get anything out of it.

Wait a minute.

"Did you say you can eject us from the world? Including the first one?" Renshu asked slowly.

[Yes Host, however, there is a risk of damaging your soul. I rather have you stay in the world with an almost nonexistent chance of succeeding then risk your soul getting flayed into oblivion.]

"But your willing to risk it now?" Renshu seethed. He had a chance to leave that forsaken world but Rein Nett never mentioned it. Sure, Renshu would rather face the pain he went through but he didn't even know there was another option. He thought he was trapped there for eternity, left to die at the hands of that bastard.

[Yes. I believe there is some kind of malware in this world. Though the scans indicate no virus, it is better to leave this world than risk you contracting a virus and spreading it into the other worlds.]

"So nice of you to think of others. I'm your host, System! Think about me! I could die." Renshu argued.

[Sorry Host.]

Renshu glared at the wall, wishing Rein Nett had a body so he could strangle it.

"Whatever, just give me a warning before we eject in this world."

[Yes host.]

Renshu's thoughts flashed to the dream he had. Most specifically, that bastard's face.

"You mentioned before, you put my consciousness into my memories, right?"

[Correct]

"Is there anything that can screw up my memories?"

[...not that I know of Host. Not unless you were infected with something. Why? Did something happen?] (๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) 

"No," Renshu muttered softly. "Just wondering." Infected? Is that how Idan invaded those memories? Is that why one tail appeared? If Rein Nett knows, he might terminate the problem (me) to keep whatever infection from spreading. Better to keep mouth shut and put a pin in it for now.

Now, how to escape this place and find the boy. Wherever the boy was the Witcher was sure to follow and as long as he was the prince Casimir the Witcher had to die.

Renshu gathered all of his strength, struggling to move his arm.

Nothing happened.

That's okay, let's start with his hand then. Focusing so hard on his hand it practically burned, Renshu ordered it to move

Nothing.

Okay, a finger.

Nothing.

Fingertip.

A twitch. Or was Renshu just imaging it? He couldn't tell. However, one thing was very clue and struck Renshu down to the marrow.

He wasn't going anywhere. He was trapped. Just like with Idan, again he had nowhere to go. On the upside, there was no perverted mad captor. The downside, Renshu was trapped in his own body. There was nothing to do but stare at a bunch of junk that would probably never get sold.

Yeah, Renshu wasn't going anywhere.  

**********************************

Author has something to say: A little rushed getting this out, so let me know if editing is off I have been meaning to get this out for awhile now. 

Also, good news.....STARTING A NEW BOOK!!! No worries, this one has a mile long rough draft, so besides rewrites and edits, it won't take up too much of my time from this book. It is much different from this one but has an 'evil' MC and a 'angelic' ML. Not as light hearted as this one, but hop you will give it a chance. Expect it soon. (real soon)