5.3

Renshu turned on the strange equipment and wore the APDU ET sensors on his temples before going to bed.

"What is APDU ET treatment."

[APDU ET treatment is used solely on the normal residents of the City. Each citizen must receive daily treatment. That's the only information found, Host.]

"Is it harmful?"

[I don't think so. There have been no report of causalities form this treatment. I can keep an eye on you while you sleep, if you wish.]

"Do that. If anything weird happens, wake me up."

[Yes, Host.]

As Renshu closed his eyes, he felt a slight vibration from the sensors that almost felt like it was massaging his temples like it was coaxing him to sleep.

                                                           ********************************

Renshu chuckled maniacally, revealing razor-sharp teeth. Hair that was previously as white as snow is now scarlet from the rotten cultivators' blood. Renshu admired the human skull in his clawed hands. Another insect squashed under his thumb. The thought sent heat radiating through his chest. Renshu could not hold back his smile as he set the skull aflame. Renshu threw the skull toward the heap of corpses at his feet and the blue flames licked the bones greedily, transforming his surroundings into a massive crematory.

However, the current dire circumstances doused the heat in his chest. Renshu pressed his lips together, strengthening his resolve. His last tail fluffed out behind him, a dancing blue flame swaying like water above the tip

Renshu turned to the remaining cultivators with a hardened heart.

The remaining nine great sects gathered here, each holding a sword with clammy hands and stern expressions. Their eyes were red, their faces flushed, and their hair skewed. It was almost laughable. These upright cultivators, who were always above others, were now wearing ripped and bloody hanfus. Their Qi was exhausted. But they moved fearlessly forward.

"What's wrong?" Renshu taunted. "Talismans all gone? Can't you fly on those beloved rusted swords?" Renshu held up a finger after pretending to ponder for a while. "Qi gone? Is it insufficient for your magic tricks?

"You damn fox!" One cultivator spat. "You'll pay for your sins!"

"And what about yours?" Renshu's eyes glowed. "Your sins cannot go unpunished."

A few cultivators scoffed. "What lies it speaks!"

"Ask your-"

"Enough." Renshu's lips peeled back a that familiar voice.

Wait. That shouldn't have happened. Last time, I wasn't interrupted.

His expensive clothing were just as soiled and bloody as the rest. But the sword he was holding was what really stood out. Renshu's hands shook but he couldn't take his eyes off the blade. He clinched his teeth and resisted the urge to scream.

Although its blade was translucent blue, there were tiny crimson veins visible if you paid close attention. A hilt carved from white bone with rib-like bones that curved in the direction of the blade and hilt to protect the hands.

The world turned red as heat erupted from deep within Renshu's veins like molten lava.

"Are you satisfied?" Renshu's voice was low. "How many deaths will go unreconciled because of your actions?"