4.9

Three days passed quickly with Renshu being dotingly cared for by Rani. The servant was very touchy, helping Renshu sit up, feeding him , brushing his hair-the servant even enthusiastically helping him into the bathroom before getting the door slammed in his face.

Though Renshu protested and batted those hands away in annoyance, there was no strength behind it.

Renshu told himself that it was the poison making him weak even though as the day passed and his strength increased, the slaps were still harmless.

Renshu cursed himself, smothering the continuous blooming of warmth deep in his chest hoping it will whither.

"Karim! What are you doing?" Rani exclaimed as he entered the room with a change of clothes in his hands.

Renshu turned around, nightgown halfway off his shoulders. "I'm getting dressed. We are going to the dungeons where you stowed the assassin."

"Let this meager servant dress you. " Rani immediately approached, setting the clothes down. "Karim is above such lowly work."

Renshu bit the inside of his cheek, glaring at his reflection. When Renshu felt Rani's dry hands brush against his bare shoulders as the servant meticulously worked, Renshu slapped his hand away.

"I can do it myself!"

Rani stared back, eyes flickering with heat that was quickly covered up. "Karim, I-"

"I see the way you look at me." Renshu hissed, cheeks burning.

Rani paled, hands trembling. "Karim, I would never take advantage of my duty."

Renshu turned away. "I know you wouldn't," Renshu admitted. "I just-" Renshu nervously blew his hair out of his eyes. "I'll dress myself."

Noticing Rani's crestenfallen face in the mirror, Renshu took a deep breath, annoyed by the stings of guilt. The man never lingered, hands never strayed, however, every so often Rani would stare with hunger. His eyes never dropped where they shouldn't but looked at Renshu's face as if trying to sear it into his soul.

"Go get the ornaments and comb," Renshu commanded.

Rani perked up, "Yes!"

While Rani's back was turned, Renshu hurriedly dressed and went to sit on the bed. Rani returned, eyeing the outfit and with deft hands, fixed and adjusted the fabric so it laid correctly.

Renshu stiffened and those hands paused before speeding up.

Finished, Rani quietly crawled on the bed to kneel behind Renshu and work on his hair.

The silence was heavy and Rani was the first to break it.

"Karim...if it would please you, perhaps...."Rani struggled internally, his hands pausing. Taking a deep breath, he continued, "Another servant could serve you in your morning preparations."

Renshu jerked, turning his head with his hair taking the comb with him. "What?"

Rani's face was tight and pale. "You no longer feel comfortable under my care." Rani hastened to add. "I will always be your servant but someone else will take care of personal necessities. "

Renshu completely turned around, thoughts struggling. This was not the first time Renshu had servants to take care of him, even in his home world, there were a few times when the fox looted enough spirit stones to live in a luxurious mansion with servants for a few months before he razed the city to the ground. They dressed him, saw his naked body, and though some lusted, they never lived long enough to act on it.