1.9

Six months passed by quickly. As Renshu thought, he lost his job. Unable to understand the work and partly because it was boring and he hated it, the higher-ups sacked Renshu. Of course, not before a few tables got flipped along with some middle fingers. Renshu was escorted out, beaming the whole way.

With more time on his hands, Renshu was able to better help Idan with killing those sons of bitches. Armed with spoiler plot knowledge, it was easy to guide Idan along. The boy was like a puppy, hanging onto Renshu's every word. Still won't drink a damn thing Idan offered Renshu but lately, the fox agreed to try his cooking. After all, never needed to cook before, always having someone to make his food back in his world and here, well, take out was invented for a reason, right?

"The Crimson Tear Killer is still at bay. With three total victims, police are baffled at the lack of evidence on scene...."

Lying on Idan's couch, Renshu hugged a pillow near his chest. Ignoring the tv, he popped open the System.

[Progress of World: 41% Task: Financially Support Renshu's Aunts. (Money given to Aunts: $24,878.82) Money Needed: $40,000)]

[Blessings: None Rank: 2 Comment: [When are we gonna see the FL? I signed up for male on female action! So why have I only encountered bromance! FML!]

What? So, the gods enjoy watching humans procreate? Renshu's lip curled and dragged the pillow over his mouth.

At least I don't have to meet those aunts. I don't care how much they text and call, just take the money and shut up, old hags. It's not like I'm doing this for you.

"Three? I killed that bitch Paige too." Idan grabbed Renshu's feet and sat down, placing them on his lap. He cursing stepped up a notch. Bad influence, I guess.

"Yes, but you didn't use your M.O. So while the public doesn't know, I'm sure the police and your soon to be victims do." Twisting around to see him, all Renshu's eyes met was a face covered in black hair as he drooped forward.

Mentally rolling his eyes, Renshu sat up and hugged the unresponsive body close. "Why are you pouting? If you want, we can leave a message on the next victim that Paige was killed by you too. We will leave the body hanging from a streetlight so everyone can see. Would that make you feel better?" Renshu petted the puppy's silky hair back, enjoyed the feeling and did it a few more times than necessary.

The big puppy looked with wide golden eyes and nodded.

Smiling, Renshu released him and leaned back. "Is dinner done? I'm starving."

Idan nodded, standing up.

The table was set up nicely if you counted the small stack of pizza pockets as nice. Idan was, after all, a college student. Though he lived off-campus, his apartment wasn't far. The single apartment was small, the living room and kitchen together with a bedroom on the side. The bathroom was a public one but the upside of this place was the thick walls.

Though this place was small enough to get a full view with a simple turn, it was clean. Old, worn but clean.

The chairs scrapped on the yellowed luminum floor as we sat down. Grabbing a handful of pizza pockets, Renshu popped one in his mouth.

Idan watched, a strange contented air surrounded him. "At first, I disliked being partnered with you. But now, it's hard to picture us not together. It's strange."

Renshu absentmindedly nodded while he cracked open his water bottle.

"You suddenly changed. Why is that? You used to be so cool and collected but now..." He trailed off, helplessly gesturing at me.

"Maybe I am just finally showing you the real me," Renshu answered.

"I like it." Idan smiled, eyes turning into crescents.

"Mm," Renshu replied, grabbing more rolls. "Are you going to eat or talk?"

Idan's eyes darkened but he also grabbed a few pizza rolls, the kitchen turning silent once more.

____________________________--

Little Ditto: Do you like spaces between the paragraphs? Is it easier to read?