Prologue

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

Dear Steve,

I miss you, brother. It's been a few years since I have seen you last. I'm sure the professors are ready to get rid of me. I don't think they appreciate my protests for women's rights. It's not fair, Steve! I don't want to be sidelined by a man. I don't want to be the perfect wife. I want to have my own identity. I bet you're tired of me talking about it, so I'll spare you my irritation. 

It's almost always raining here in London. Madame Gina didn't take too kindly when Peggy and I returned soaked to the bone in rainwater. You've heard of Peggy, right? I'm sure you have, I talk about her in all of my letters. She's my best friend, you know? I think leaving her is going to be the hardest thing about leaving London behind. 

How is James doing? He has stopped responding to my letters, so I stopped sending them. However, from what I hear through your letters, he is doing just fine.

Tensions are high in Europe, Steve. There's a war. I offered Peggy the option to come with me to America, but she insisted upon remaining. I thought about staying here with her, but I'm becoming homesick. Besides, I know that you'll drag me back to America. 

I'll see you soon. 

Love, 

Marlene

Steve Rogers read the letter for the fourth time. 

His sister was coming home!

He hasn't seen Marlene in seven years. Before moving to London, Marlene was best friends with Bucky and Steve. She didn't care that it wasn't proper to run around with the boys on the streets and climb trees in the park, she had fun.

It made Steve angry he was a whole ocean away from his sister after he discovered Marlene's boyfriend had broken her heart. However, that was two years ago. She's twenty now. 

"What are you reading, punk?" Bucky asked as he joined Steve. 

"A letter from my sister," Steve answered as he enclosed the letter in its envelope again. 

"Your sister?" Bucky blinked.

Bucky hasn't heard from Marlene Rogers in years. It was safe to say he was not the happiest when she left. In all actuality, he hated the fact she left. He didn't think she needed to move to London.

"She's coming home," a large grin formed on Steve's face at the thought.