Stark's Grand Plan

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

Howard Stark stood before the group of remaining SSR agents, which was a grand total of 10. 

In all honesty, Marlene expected him to be in an extravagant suit, displaying his wealth. Yet, he wasn't. He wore a simple light blue shirt and black pants with matching black suspenders. He wore a basic light grey jacket over. 

Eight of the ten SSR agents withdrew their guns before pointing them at Howard and Mr. Jarvis, who had arrived with Stark. The sound of eight guns cocking filled the room. 

"Hey!" Thompson shouted, attempting to take control of the situation that was in no way out of control. "Get your hands up!"

Mr. Jarvis's hands flew above his head, as high as he could possibly make the go. He looked at the agents with a small speckle of fear in his eye. 

"Told you," he muttered to Howard. 

The man in question did not seem phased at all by the fact he had guns ready to shoot him down. He simply stood nonchalantly with his hands in his pockets, completely unaffected. 

"What kind of welcome is this?" Howard asked them boldly. 

Despite the situation, a small smile etched itself upon Marlene's lips. 

"How the hell did you get in here?" Sousa demanded. 

"You know who designed the SSR security system?" Howard asked him in turn. 

"Yeah, the same outfit that secures the White House," Sousa answered, not lowering his gun. 

"Exactly. They stink," Howard's nonchalant attitude turned into one of arrogance. "You should've hired me."

"Then it ought to worse," Marlene retorted with a good-natured grin. She turned back to Thompson but speaking to all of them. "Put down your weapons."

They listened, knowing it was best not to get on Rogers's bad side. 

"First time in eight months you've seen me and you lead with an insult," Howard raised a dark brow, struggling to keep a smile off of his face. 

"I could lead with a broken nose for many reasons," Marlene retorted, stepping towards him. 

"I missed you, Marls," he said, pulling her into a hug. 

"I miss you too, Howard."

***

"....guilty," Thompson said in a low tone, as Marlene and Peggy entered. 

"How about looking wrong?" Howard offered. 

"As of this moment, you're under arrest, Stark," Thompson said. 

"You know, I could help you with that," Howard offered, looking down at Sousa's limp and back up to his face.