Their Return

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

TW: Mentions of death and suicide

It was odd for Marlene to see dark strands of hair falling around her face rather than her normal blonde locks. It was beyond normal for her to following someone. Normally her task was to lure them in, to seduce them. However, for the past three weeks, she was told to keep tabs on a specific individual. She was ordered not to engage in fear of the target getting away.

Over the past year and a half, Marlene has been on several missons.

All failed.

Every single Hydra Agent too a pill; a suicide pill. These were designed for the spies to bit down on, rendering them unable to answer questions and be captured.

Marlene did, however, manage to get very few details from these agents before they died.

Johann Schmidt.

She wasn't entirely sure what his name had to do with anything, but she caught it in a chain of whispers. She heard it being tossed around after she busted four Hydra agents in an apartment they shared.

Two had opened fire at Marlene.

One had successfully caused a bullet to graze her arm, just enough to draw blood.

Two were found dead on the recieving end of Marlene's gun.

One had taken his pill immediately upon her entrence.

The last and final agent looked Marlene dead in the eye as she grasped his jaw tightly, and pulled the pill out before he can take it.

Colonel Phillips wasn't the least bit shocked when Marlene delivered him the Hydra agent tied up like a pig.

"What? He couldn't keep his hands to himself. He's a filthy no good pig," she determined at the look Howard and Phillips were giving her.

However, as Phillips went on to question him, the agent had strangled himself.

That was Marlene's last misson.

From then on, it was decided she wouldn't engage unless needed.

She must admit, the misson was leaving her rather irritated. She wanted nothing more than to be home with her brother, attempting to keep him out of fights.

When she is home, the Rogers siblings fought about Steve lying on his enlistment forms. Marlene tried restlessly to keep her brother out of harms way. She fought with him tooth and nail to see the danger in war.

Steve had none of it. He said that if there were other men laying down their lives, he should be allowed to do that as well.

"You didn't have problem with Bucky fighting!" Steve shouted at his sister angrily.