Knife Flips

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

The Howling Commandos stood around the clearing, looking down at the prisoner. Jones and Pinkerton were leaning against a tree. Dugan and Jim simply stood. Steve and Bucky were on either side of Marlene.

"What's your name?" Marlene crouched down, starring in the dark eyes of the man that had attacked her.

"You were being hostile mere minutes ago. Now you want to know my name?"

"Funny how things work, huh, boys?" Marlene smiled. "So tell me. What's your name?"

"None of your buisness."

"Alright. Fine. Don't tell me," she shrugged, and patted his injured arm.

The man grunted in pain.

"Why were you in the woods?" Marlene questioned. "I have my own theories, but I ought to give you a chance to tell your tale first."

The man didn't say anything.

"You're some sick man Hydra had let go. You have a fetish about killing women in the woods," Marlene said. Her theory was clearly wrong, but it was a strategy she had picked up. She starts with her least likely and most bizarre theory, before slowly getting to her top theories. The closer the gets, the more scared they become.

"You're an undercover American spy, working to get to know the inner workings of Hydra," she offered. He looked . . . repulsed by the suggestion. It was a small look, nothing too prominent, but she had caught it.

"You were sent to follow me, and kill me," his eyes darted up for a moment. She was getting closer. "I've made my way onto Hydra's radar-"

"Don't become full of yourself," he spat, his saliva hitting her face. "Hydra doesn't want a whore-"

Bucky's face contorted into anger, as did Steve's.

Marlene chuckled, wiping the spit from her face.

"You speak English," she continued. "You were on your way to one of our suspected bases."

He sniffed. It was something that Marlene noticed from before. It was his nervous tick.

She was getting closer.

"You were reporting back to Hydra after observing our camp," she determinded. She wasn't guessing anymore. She was sure that was the case. "You saw me, an American, on their way to your camp. I was becoming too close for your liking. You couldn't have my infiltration blamed on you. You finally got your chance to prove yourself. You thought it best to take me out, and dispose of my body."

He broke eye contact.

Marlene smiled, looking up at her brother. He gave her a thankful yet worried look.