The Call to Action

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

Wherever Marlene Rogers had imagined herself seven months after the war, it definately was not dangling a bald man out of a window as she waited for the dryer to stop its cycle.

Twelve hours ago, she was sent on a mission of sorts by Phillips. While she wasn't technically employed, thanks to Howard and Peggy's concern for her mental health, she still did assignments when needed.

Phillips was still training men for the United States' armed forces. He didn't exactly have the time or skills to track down people for information or to deliver punishments. He was always fond of how efficient Marlene's work proved to be, so he sent her.

Marlene hasn't spoke much to Howard or Peggy since the war, much to her dismay. Peggy and herself spoke over the phone almost every week, but, lately, it's becoming more scarce they spoke. Howard had almost completely lost contact with the blonde, and she hadn't the faintest clue why. She did catch wind of Howard selling weapons to enemies of the United States, but simply ignored those statements knowing they were nothing but rubbish.

Back to the man currently being suspended in the air on the top of a building. One of the missions Marlene was sent on by Phillips was to deliver a suspected enemy spy on his door step. She had completed the mission without fail. Yet, there was a simple flaw, well, more like an inconvenience.

Upon her way back to her small flat in Cornwall, a man had followed her. He was dumb enough to follow her in a clearly noticable fashion.

It was safe to say he had tried to throw her from the roof.

It was also safe to say he was not successful.

This brings the story to it's current place in time. Marlene Rogers stood ontop the roof of her building, looking down at the man that was white with fear.

"This could all be avoided if you used that ugly mouth of yours to tell me why you tried to throw me from the roof instead of screaming," she said, checking her watch. "I suggest you hurry. You have five minutes until my landry needs to be dried."

The man did not appreciate her advice.

"Listen, pal," she said. "If you don't start talking, I'm going to cut the sheets that are keeping you alive or I'm going to drop you off at my boss's doorstep. It's his visit home so he won't be too happy."

Marlene looked out at the city as she sat on the edge of the roof. It was truly beautiful. The buildings stood tall and proud, like soldiers, protecting the people. They were silhouetted by the setting sun that was casting an spectrum of colors across the sky.

She was deeply reminded of a wonderful night in 1944. She and James had made their way to the roof of a nearby abandoned building. There, of course, wasn't much around them besides miles upon miles of forest. That was the first time James had told her he was in love with her, that he would always love her.