The Prisoner

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

The Howling Commandos had just landed in the middle of the forest, fifty miles away from the first Hydra base. They had a long walk before them seeing as they couldn't risk being seen.

The brilliant idea was for the Commandos' work to be recorded on video. The 'Camera Crew' would be arriving days following their first successful mission.

Marlene was not a fan of the idea.

"I'll scout ahead," she offered, already starting to forge ahead. "I'll be back in twenty minutes at most."

Bucky and Steve both moved to follow, but she shot them a glare until they sat down. Then she left, her blonde head slowly disappearing as she weaved her way through the trees.

Marlene was careful not to make any noise, no matter where she stepped. The sun's rays shone through the cracks left between the green leaves. Moss grew towards the East, making Marlene believe there was some sort of stream. The bark was beginning to peel off of a tree up ahead.

A twig snapped to her right. Acting on instinct, Marlene lifted her handgun, ready to shoot.

She lowered her weapon as her eyes met the dark innocent ones of a doe. The doe's ears stuck up to the sky and her brown fur was coated in white spots. She was beautifully innocent.

A soft smile spread across Marlene's face before continuing through the woods.

Another few minutes of peace passed when everything suddenly changed. The hairs on the back of her neck were standing up. She had an eerie feeling she was being watched.

Marlene spun around with her gun raised, only for it to be knocked aside. She was kicked swiftly in the gut, causing her to fall on her back. Her gun slipped from her grasp.

Whoever had attacked her was strong. Not Super Soldier strong, but still not to be underestimated.

Marlene quickly rolled to her side, jumping to her feet. She ducked as a fist came flying towards her face, landing a punch of her own in the stomach of her attacker. They stumbled back, awarding her enough time to attempt a roundhouse kick to the jaw.

They had caught her right foot. They twisted it in an attempt to break the bones in her leg. Unfortunately for them, Marlene pushed off with her left foot. She twisted her body in the air, swinging her left foot around, kicking the neck of her attacker. They released her right foot, and she landed in a crouch as they stumbled back clutching their jaw.

Marlene jumped to her feet, pulling out her switchblade. The same switchblade Bucky had given her three years ago.

Her attacker was most definitely a man. He had no hair on his head but had a dark beard. His skin was pale, almost as pale as the inside of an onion. She would say the snow, but that would be an insult to the beautiful force of nature.