Hydra?

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

Marlene had read the German's file several times. He quite literally appeared out of nowhere. There was no information on his life before coming to America. He even went as far as to take on an American name: Bryan Johnson.

Real creative, Marlene thought sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

When she got to her hotel room in Richmond, she immediately read through Johnson's file again. She paced around the room, deep in thought. If she approached him the wrong way, everything would go to hell.

He is a man. Every man desires something. Most of the time, it's a woman.

While that part was easy, he is most likely a highly trained spy. He'll know when someone is fishing for information. This means Marlene will have to be careful in not just her words, but her body language.

Phillips was right, should this mission go smoothly, Marlene will be home for lunch in two days. She is meant to spend the night in her hotel, and spend tomorrow touring. Tomorrow, during the day, she was meant to pay attention to Johnson. She could only "bump into him" so many times. She needed to be discreet. Tomorrow night, she's meant to go to a bar and have a chat with him. She'll eave the following morning.

The moral of the story, she needed to be quick.

Marlene couldn't help but wonder what her boys were doing. She figured Steve will still be drawing. Howard is probably at the lab still seeing as he doesn't have someone to drag him out by the ear in order to get him to take a break. Mister Jarvis was far too nice for such antics, leaving that part up to Marlene. Mister Jarvis was either insisting Howard take a break, or saying goodnight to his wife. Peggy was most likely just starting her day in London. James was...

Well, Marlene didn't have a clue what he was doing.

He could be at a bar, flirting with one of the many girls that are lined up at his door. He could be reading The Hobbit seeing as it was his favorite book. Marlene had gotten him to read Pride and Prejudice and The Tale of Two Cities, but his favorite remained the same. He could be staring at his ceiling, hoping sleep will come to him.

What she didn't know, was he was, in fact, starring at the ceiling. However, he nearly forgot about sleep as he allowed his mind to drift towards a certain blonde.

***

The sun was just beginning to set when Marlene entered the bar.

She had spent the day as a tourist. Dressed in a dark red dress, she smiled sweetly at almost anyone who looked in her direction. She was a perfect young lady from a high social class, traveling down south for a chance of freedom. Her mother died when she was young, leaving her with her father and stepmother.