Damn You, Stark

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

The cool November air faded into a painful and bitter cold as the days became December. The snow became heavier and the warm water scarce.

Steve was becoming sick more often.

Bucky's flirting habits continued to the surprise of no one, much to Marlene's irritation.

She told herself not to let herself feel anything beyond friendship for him. She basically pushed it down until she forgot about it. However, no matter how hard she tried, they didn't seem to disappear.

Her heart would speed up at the mere mention of him. Her pupils would dilate at the sight of him. Her nerves went haywire anytime he spoke to her.

Bucky didn't know what he was doing to her. Partially because she was hiding it extremely well and partially because he was always too distracted.

Steve wanted to scream at the two. He watched the two grow together twice. He watched the two gain romantic feelings for eachother twice. He watched as they tried to ignore what they felt twice. He watched as Marlene would look away anytime she saw Bucky flirt with someone. He watched as she would bite her lip anytime she watched Bucky walk off with a girl at his side. He would watch as she would busy herself anytime Bucky began to dance with someone. He watched as Bucky's jaw would clench as a man would approach Marlene. He held Bucky back as she took up a conversation with any male. He watched as Bucky would glare at Howard Stark anytime he'd see him. blaming him for how often Marlene was working.

Jealousy.

Such a wonderful thing.

Marlene walked through the threshold of her apartment with Steve's medicine. Seeing as Bucky and Steve practically lived at her apartment, it wasn't odd for either of them to randomly enter. They were there to the point she even kept extra clothes for them.

A smile stretched across Bucky's face at the sight of her. Her honey-blonde hair danced as she walked. Her red lips were soft drawn into a frown. Her brows were furrowed. Her light blue eyes were conflicted.

"How is he?" Marlene asked as she stopped in front of him.

"Asleep," He answered watching her carefully. He watched as she sighed softly and set a brown paper bag off to the side.

"Thank the Lord," she said softly, removing her scarf. "I don't think I could handle his coughing. It worries me, especially with his asthma."

"He'll be alright, Marls," he assured as he lifted the bag and brought it into the kitchen.

"I know he will," she nodded, slipping her arms out of her coat. "Doesn't mean I don't worry."

"Did you get his medicine?" Bucky asked as he looked away from her for the first time since she came home.