Sunday

《《 ☆ 》》

《《 ☆ 》》

Last night was the worst night of Marlene's life by far. Everything hurt.

Her body.

Her mind.

Her soul.

Her heart.

The same images kept relaying in her mind. Over and over again.

Steve's life draining from his eyes rendering him dead.

Bucky falling in love with some woman.

Howard losing his mind from overworking, leading to one of his inventions killing him.

Peggy forgetting who she is, who Marlene is.

Mister Jarvis meeting his days before she could thank him for all he has done. Him dying before she can hold the door open for him.

Their screams played through her mind. Every second through the night, they screamed. She heard it all, it never stopped.

Several points through the night, Marlene considered the fact she was losing her mind.

Howard Stark hadn't slept a wink all night. Neither had Jarvis.

The two men periodically checked for breathing and a pulse. Several times through the night, her pulse was frighteningly slow. Wet rags were placed on her forehead to cool her body temperature down. 

Jarvis suggested telling Steve about the situation. Howard agreed, and planned to tell him the following morning if Marlene wasn't awake.

Fortunately, when morning did come around, Marlene was conscious. Her coughing fit woke Howard and Jarvis up after they had dozed off.

"Miss Rogers!" Jarvis explained upon seeing Marlene awake.

"Hi-" she began coughing again.

"Jarvis, can you go get the water-?" Howard didn't need to ask seeing as Jarvis was already handing the woman a glass of water.

She studied the water for a moment. It was almost like her eyes were expecting the water to attack her.

"How are you feeling?" Howard questioned.

"Fine," Marlene responded, her voice sounded shaky and faint. Her throat felt like sandpaper and nearly as dry as a desert.

"It does not do well to lie, Miss Rogers," Jarvis advised.

"I'm alive," she stated. As she tried to stand, Howard pushed her back down.

"You need to rest."

"I need to see, brother," She said stubbornly as she stumbled to her feet.

"No. You need to rest, Rogers," Howard countered. "You can't stand-"