6: Oral exam

"I

"I...am...Lee...Donghyuck...I will...no, I am...Korean" Donghyuck says in English, he is trying to memorize his lines for their oral exam and it's giving him a hard time to do it.

He was supposed to memorize last night but then when he said he was just going to rest for 30 minutes, the rest went from a good nap to a good night's sleep.

"I am Lee Donghyuck and I am Korean, I live in Seoul...ev-ever seen I'm- ugh! Stupid stupid" Donghyuck mumbled the last part, he was bending down under his table, hiding his face from their professor who was talking to a student in English.

Mark, who sits two tables behind Donghyuck, observed the boy's strange movements: he was tapping his head constantly and mumbling phrases with his eyes closed. He knows the boy is struggling with English, and he thinks it's cute how he's memorizing it.

"Ev-ever since I am kid, no- I was a kid, yes! How are you mr. Suh? Good, okay? Wait...does it go like that-"

"Lee Donghyuck" Mr. Suh spoke, his voice was loud enough for Donghyuck to hear.

The tanned male peeped from his table as his eyes turned into crescents, showing that he was nervously smiling.

The professor chuckles and tells him to stand up.

With his nervous body, he slowly stood up and kept on scratching any part of his body. He was shaking and his sweat was dripping.

He nudged Jaemin who was beside him but the boy just didn't mind him but showed a thumbs up, why a thumbs up, you ask? Because him too...he does not know how to speak English at all.

"So Mr. Lee, introduce yourself please" the professor walks left and right with his head hung low, waiting for the tanned male to speak.

"H-hello Mr. Suh, I am Lee Donghyuck and I am K-Korean, I live in Seoul, Korea ever since I was a kid, How are you, Mr. Suh?" Donghyuck slowly said, word per word.

"Hmm" Mr. Suh checked a box on his paper, "I'm good, nice to meet you, Mr. Lee, now tell me about yourself..."

Shit.

What is he going to say next??

"In e-english?" Donghyuck asked, his words a little gibberish.

"Yes, of course" Mr. Suh replied.

"Uhm...uhm" Donghyuck kept on playing with his hoodie, kicking the bottom of the table as he tried to think of what to say.

Soon, a paper rolled on the back of his shoe, he noticed it and picked it up.

'Sunshine, say this...my name is Lee Donghyuck, I am a college student and I am currently talking to you about my life. I really like to *your talent [in korean]*, and I also like too *your talent [in korean]*, thank you'

Donghyuck read it and looked back at Mark, the older was staring back at him and showed him a fist, as a sign of fighting!

Mr. Suh cleared his throat in a loud way, causing both the boys to look at him, "Mr. Lee, please talk, I am giving you until 5 seconds, if you don't you will fail this semester"

He didn't understand what he just said but he knew the word "fail", he fixed his posture and set down the note on his table.

"My name is Lee Donghyuck, I am college- no I mean...I am a college student and I am currenteuly talking to you about mah life, I really like to sing and I also like to draw, thank you" he recited, looking back and forth from the teacher to the note.

Mr. Suh applauded and checked another box on his paper, "Good job Mr. Lee, practice polishing the words more, okay?"

"Yes sir, kamsahamnida I mean, thank you" He bowed and sat down, he looked at Mark and mouthed a thank you and showed a small smile.

Mark just smiled back and faced the front. He was happy about how Donghyuck said it, he was proud of him and himself too...for helping Donghyuck of course.

"Next...Na Jaemin"

"fuck" Jaemin whispered in english, he nudged his elbow to Donghyuck but the younger just showed a thumbs up too, copying what Jaemin did to him a while ago.

"Mr. Na, please introduce yourself"

"Hello everyone...ah! Hello everyone, uhm...uhh..." He lets out a laugh, "Na Jaemin is me, I am Na Jaemin...uh Na Jaemin...uhm...eh?? Janggaman ...annyeonghaseyo Jaemin imnida, Hello everyone...Na Jaemin...what?? Janggaman, ah! Yeah, yeah, Hello everyone, I am Na Jaemin, cut!" he was visibly panicking causing the teacher to laugh.

"Okay, mr. Na, tell me about yourself" Mr. Suh widely smiled.

"Oh shit" He said out loud and in english, everyone including Mr. Suh laughed.

A paper hit his head, he rubbed a bit and tried to find the person who threw it, it was Jeno.

Jeno mouthed to read the paper, so he did.

'Ayo wassup, how y'all doing? I'm good thank you, bye bye'

Jaemin rotated his head to Jeno, showing the boy who was raising two thumbs up while smiling.

"Mr. Na, please speak"

"Uhm...ayo wassup, I am Na Jaemin...how y'all doing? I'm good thank you, bye-bye" he quickly sat down and hid his face with his jacket.

Mr. Suh wasn't impressed but he gave a fair grade to him, "Okay whatever, at least it is english"

Hearing that made Mark snort, he looked over at Jeno with a disappointed face.

What was Jeno supposed to know about english? He only watches a lot of american gamers and footballers and that is the only thing he remembers. He just wants to help Jaemin just like how he saw Mark helping Donghyuck.

Besides hating on Jeno, Jaemin just called his attention, "Thank you" he whispered as Jeno nodded.

God, you gotta love their relationship.